The Met Line Journal

The life and times of a small man called Min, his daily journey's from Rayners Lane to Farringdon.

This blog is an insight into the wonderful world of the Met Line, packed into chunky bites of random thoughts, the weird and the wonderful sites I see on my journey to and from work, and the odd comedy gag...

Read it and weep (with laughter)...

Thursday 1 March 2012

Thursday 1st March - The Journey Home (Rap Poem special)

Intro (with heartfelt emotion - on acoustic guitar)

3,000 views we have
Thanks to all my fans

It means so much, I'm really touched
In fact I've just brought a badge

Main bit (to the tune of Goyte with strong emotion and strange makeup)

Now and then I think of all those journeys

Like when you said you felt so happy you could go round again

Told myself that you were the best line for me

But felt so lonely in your company (after Wembley when everyone gets off)

But that was love and it's an ache I still remember (but at least I get a seat)

(Chorus)

You can get addicted to a certain kind of delay

Like resignation to the end, always the end

So when we found that we could not make sense of the announcements
Well you said that we would still be friends

But I'll admit that I was glad it was over
(at Farringdon and 30 mins late)

But you didn't have to kick me off

Make out like the delay never happened and that I am nothing

And I don't even need your seat
But you treat me like a passenger and it feels so rough

No you didn't have to drive so slow
Have your boss collect my oyster
It's all been a bit of a time waster

I guess that I don't need that though

Now you're just a tube line that I used to know

Now you're just a tube line that I used to know

(fade to black and get on the Piccadilly line)

No comments:

Post a Comment