The Met Line Journal

The life and times of a small man called Min, his daily journey's from Rayners Lane to Farringdon.

This blog is an insight into the wonderful world of the Met Line, packed into chunky bites of random thoughts, the weird and the wonderful sites I see on my journey to and from work, and the odd comedy gag...

Read it and weep (with laughter)...

Wednesday 29 February 2012

Wednesday 29th February 2012 - The Journey Home

18:19 All stations to Uxbridge

Happy Leap Year! Whoo hoo. Well that's what I thought until someone told me that today I had worked for nothing as your salary is based on a standard 365 days, rather than 366. Can you tell I work with Analytics folk...

Apologies for the no show yesterday. the funny thing was that I had one of my highest daily views of the blog (56). More than when I actually post a new blog. Lool as Rajvi would say.

Yesterday I didn't get home till midnight as I went to a work dinner. So didn't fancy tapping away on the blog on the tube with the yoofs looking at me. Wonder if it was the pinstriped suit I was wearing. I engaged in conversation with them ( attack better than defence and all that) and I think they were most impressed with my street language. I said their hoodies were 'Ream' and when they were moaning about the state of the tidiness of the tube I said 'Peak' and again they seem to acknowledge that I was 'safe'. Just as well as those are the only 2 words that Rajvi has taught me...

So I'm more tightly packed on this tube than you would have 'mushrooms' in a curry but I have to keep my 56 daily readers happy and typing this with nose squashed against the door. ...peak.

Went to Subway for lunch today as I heard they have a good offer. They weren't joking! It said choose between 9 subs and a drink for £3. Well that was easy..I chose the 9 subs...

Just using my toes to see if I can turn the paper to see today's headlines.

"Britons target of 7/7 bombers widow. Errr..harram. This is the story of the widow of one of the bombers following in her husbands footsteps. Probably all that was left of him I guess...

Thought for the day: What is it about waking up that babies find so traumatic?

And with that, let's call it a day. Hope to see you tomorrow!

Have a great sleep,

A small man called Kawks






No comments:

Post a Comment