The Met Line Journal

The life and times of a small man called Min, his daily journey's from Rayners Lane to Farringdon.

This blog is an insight into the wonderful world of the Met Line, packed into chunky bites of random thoughts, the weird and the wonderful sites I see on my journey to and from work, and the odd comedy gag...

Read it and weep (with laughter)...

Monday 20 February 2012

Monday 20th February 2012 - The Journey Home

18:09 All stations to North Action

Well hello there! How are we all and I hope you all had wonderful weekends and a good start to the week.

As you can tell, I'm sounding a bit different today as I've just come back from a work do at the Olympic Village where we (the firm) has a house overlooking the stadium. It all looks really amazing. We were given a tour of the roof top terrace and they have the SAME track (well about 20 yards of it) as the athletes will be running round in July and August. Wowza. I obviously had a go on it and let's just say they are seeing if they can shoe horn me into team GB. They told us some great facts and figures about the games, but the one etched in my brain is that they had to procure 100,000 condoms for the athletes. Double Wowza.

The new Westfield (Straford City) looks impressive and I'm thinking of bringing Preeti and Rajvi here next weekend. Especially as I saw that not only do they have a Primark, but also a GREGGS! Woopidoo

Sorry for the break in concentration but a massive dog (the one in Turner and Hooch) has just got on and is looking at me. Ok, he getting off at St Paul's so we can continue.

Today was certainly like one of those 'A day in the life' episodes. This morning I had a film crew who shot some video of me talking about my job for a global work conference in Barcelona (hope you said that with an accent), followed by a number of meetings with some very senior peeps and then topped off with this event!

This is where I thank my parents for letting me join the Judgemeadow Computer club when I was 13 and start the journey to what I do now.

Ok, so we are doing nicely on the Central line and I've let Preeti know about the change in tube line so she can pick me up at Northolt.

Ok, let's check out the headlines. "million get head-start' in Olympics ticket race. Wow..and how timely!

Ok, it's about the 1m people that missed out first time round. Nice, bet only the dreggs are left now I have my table tennis tickets!

Oo oo, another interesting fact I learnt is that 5,000 tons of sand will be used for the beach volleyball competition. That's a lot of trips to and from B&Q...

There is also a story about tomorrow being the last day for the Chelsea manager.

Ok, now this is interesting and looks like a must watch. Today in BBC2, no idea what time, is a documentary about the day to day life working on the tubes!!! It says you will learn what they mean when they say "Can a cleaner attend to a Code 1 (blood) to the other 5 codes (poops to vomit to litter).

One of the lines in the programme will be "I do apologise for the short notice for the cancellation of this train. This was due to, er, significant vomit in the carriages.

Ok, that's it for this Top Gear special, time to work out when to ring Preeti,

Have a great Olympic sleep,

A small man called Kawks

P.S that tube program is on at 9pm and is a series of 6. Series link it now!...

No comments:

Post a Comment