The Met Line Journal

The life and times of a small man called Min, his daily journey's from Rayners Lane to Farringdon.

This blog is an insight into the wonderful world of the Met Line, packed into chunky bites of random thoughts, the weird and the wonderful sites I see on my journey to and from work, and the odd comedy gag...

Read it and weep (with laughter)...

Monday 27 February 2012

Monday 27th January 2012 - The Journey Home

20:12 All stations to Rayners Lane

Well hello there. I trust you had lovely Mondays. What a start this morning. I especially woke up a whole 30 (THIRTY) minutes early today as I needed to work on my jokes for a work presentation (which I've just come from hence why this blog is late). So we all got kicked off at Baker Street, but being a seasoned traveller, I already had Plan B ready which was use the Hammersmith and City line which they then announced was also closed as a train had got Ill at Kings Cross. Cross..I was livid. Ok Plan C was to hop step to Jubilee and then swap at Bond Street to the central line to Chancery Lane. (can you tell there are no newspapers and I'm padding yet?)

Anywhoos, that was an epic fail as the jubilee line was stuck as someone had pulled the alarm ahead and there was also a train stuck on the central line. This is all a long way of saying that I arrived at work at 9.30, 30 minutes later than planned. Moral of the story...practice your jokes the night before...

Ok nicely got to Acton Town with that chat. Lets see what's going on?

3 people are having a nice Russian conversation and laughing a lot. None of them are wearing Russian fur hats or holding those Russian dolls, but being an international traveller, the dialect is subtle and to the layman easily confused with Polish, Khazak or Belarus. Impressive Kawks I hear you say. Lets just say years of forensic training and knowing that the devil is in the detail. That and the "I didn't vote for Putin T- shirts..."

Ooo ooo, bagged my self a bargain at lunchtime on Fleet Street today. This bloke was selling the audio book for The Artist which I believe won an Oscar last night, for £20. Bargain...can't wait to hear the dialogue..

Just reading the paper over someone's shoulder and I see that the Government has announced radical new plans to cut the length of the dole queues. It says that they are going to make people stand closer together.

Right, let's leave it there as its late and I need to hide my iPhone.

Have a great sleep,

A small man called Kawks






No comments:

Post a Comment