The Met Line Journal

The life and times of a small man called Min, his daily journey's from Rayners Lane to Farringdon.

This blog is an insight into the wonderful world of the Met Line, packed into chunky bites of random thoughts, the weird and the wonderful sites I see on my journey to and from work, and the odd comedy gag...

Read it and weep (with laughter)...

Thursday 9 February 2012

Thursday 9th February 2012 - The Journey Home

07:10 Fast Amersham

Brrr. Siberia winds you win. Bring on global warming! So just spent the last 42 minutes (can you tell I work in Analytics) going in 4 of our buildings, multiple floors to try and find my coat and scarf!

I checked with our lost property office who gave me a weird look like I'd lost my baby. They said they had mobiles and laptops but nothing that didn't have a screen. I tried on a mobile but I still felt cold, so handed it back.

Got all the way to Farringdon and it dawned on me that the only place I hadn't looked was where I sat to have my lunch. So I walked all the way back to the office, back to the 2nd floor...and it wasn't there! Only kidding, it was there, crying wondering where its daddy had been for all those hours.

I told Preeti about this drama and she said she wasn't worried as if someone tried it on, and they saw that it fitted like a T shirt, then they would hand it back!

Just as well as I've got this tale to tell today as there are no papers and hardly any people on this train.

A chap is reading the Sun and I can just see the back page - "We want Harry". Be interesting to see what they say when we get dumped out the euros...

The strapline to the Capello story is "the end of an error"...ah I see what you did there Sun. Ho ho.

I'm sitting opposite a rather large Chinese dude... Don't see many around right...unless your in China I guess. Anyways, this reminded me of a news story Preeti told me this morning about the worlds heaviest baby being born in China, who weighed in at a whopping 16 pounds!
Wowza. From the photo she showed me of mother and child, mother seemed to be still feeling the pain as she was squinting...

A man has sat next to me and placed his hat (one with a rim) and leather gloves (in the hat) between us. Something tells me that he's more Chesham than Rayners Lane...

He is reading some details notes about lifeboats and a spreadsheet that someone just did a "fit on one page" with as its barely readable (38percent zoomed.- can you tell I work in...)

Managed to get the Sun from the last guy so let's see the news, starting randomly with page 3...err...and in this cold weather!

Headline is 'Arryvederci'. Nice. There is also a reminder that there are 169 days for the olympic games'.

Page 23 has an article about a shop worker who died after falling off a big bucket of mayonnaise and stabbing himself in the heart with an electric drill. Woah...that's peak as Rajvi would say.

Right gloves time, so bid you a great sleep,

A small man called Kawks

P..s. Its just started snowing so happy I've got my coat back!

No comments:

Post a Comment