The Met Line Journal

The life and times of a small man called Min, his daily journey's from Rayners Lane to Farringdon.

This blog is an insight into the wonderful world of the Met Line, packed into chunky bites of random thoughts, the weird and the wonderful sites I see on my journey to and from work, and the odd comedy gag...

Read it and weep (with laughter)...

Thursday 29 March 2012

Thursday 29th March 2012 - The Journey Home

18.34 All stations to Uxbridge.

Good evening ladies and gents. Hope your lives are going well and you are all enjoying the sunshine. It's amazing how many happy faces I'm seeing on the tube, though this may be so with the fact that a) they have got a seat and b) it's nearly pay day.

Today's random person is reading "Girl Interrupted" and again it looks like a good one as she is 83% through it.
I was going to get her view on the book but a) I'm not a girl or b)I didn't want to interrupt her...

A lady is busy with a green highlighter pen reviewing a white paper. She has highlighted most of page 4 which either means a)someone has a lot of revisions to make tonight or b)she likes the smell of the pen...

Thanks to one of my faithful blog readers for pointing out to me today the lovely article in the Metro about cockney rhyming slang and the updated 21st century version. I've been using the phrases lush, reem and amazeballs at every opportunity and yes they did get some lools back in return!

Hey good news to share. Just outside Farringdon this evening and there was this man giving away free money. He was even playing the guitar for us all. What a great bloke...

There is a man playing tiger woods on his iPad opposite. It's quite funny as whenever he takes a shot he shifts his head back! Lool.

Today's headline is "Murdoch : Third met chief quits". Woah. This wa the PR chief who had links to a news of the world links.

There are also views from the public about the petrol stocking up saga. Suzy, 29, an accountant from Highbury is annoyed as she only has 40 miles left in her tank and needs to visit her father in hospital. I know that your thinking it too right? Crazy situation right? I mean that's either a) rubbish mpg she is getting or b) have they stopped making hospitals in Highbury??. Yeah I know that she might not actually live with her dad anymore but the joke doesn't work if you think about it too long.

Actually, due to the rising cost of fuel and impending strikes, I've had to quit my part time job as a freelance arsonist.

I see that McDonald's are offering some great prizes in their Monopoly promotion, including a Mini Cooper. Not sure if any their customers will ever fit into it though...

Thought of the day: If God refuses to believe in other gods, does that make him an atheist?

And with that I bid you a)lovely sunshine and b) a great sleep.

A small man called Kawks



No comments:

Post a Comment