The Met Line Journal

The life and times of a small man called Min, his daily journey's from Rayners Lane to Farringdon.

This blog is an insight into the wonderful world of the Met Line, packed into chunky bites of random thoughts, the weird and the wonderful sites I see on my journey to and from work, and the odd comedy gag...

Read it and weep (with laughter)...

Monday 5 March 2012

Monday 5th March 2012 - The Journey Home

18:27 All stations to Uxbridge

Well hello there. I trust you had a great weekend and had a lovely Monday at work.

I tell you what, it's got a little bit windy again! Don't think big coat is going into storage any time soon!

So let's start with stats for the day. Torres is averaging 1.6 goals a manager at Chelsea...

The man next to me is reading a very interesting set of figures from a profit and loss account. All of it is in Chinese except the numbers and random words like EBITDA, which I hear my Cororate Finance buddies use all the time. If he gets off at Rayners, I might even ask him if he plans on buying a business. I know you were thinking it...Chinese restaurant right? How very racist of you! It could be a kung foo training school...keep you mind open as Bruce Lee once said.

Today's book being read by a passenger is "Hot Sleep" by Orion Scott. I don't know if it's any good as firstly the bloke who is reading it is only on page 8 but I'm slightly hesitating in recommending it as the bloke is wearing one of those style hats which just makes him look like a prat. Yep got long sideburns as well.

That reminds me. Was in Tesco's over the weekend and overheard this yoof say they may call them self checkouts. But he call them "I'm not paying for some of this."...errr harram

Chinese man is now asleep. Maybe he is happy with the EBITDA number and now wondering what he is having for his dinner. Errr rascist...it might not be Peking Duck you know...he may prefer Manchurian with soy sauce.

Today's headline in the evening standard is; "innocent teenager stabbed to death by gang". Very bad as my dad would say in an Indian accent. They shouldn't be allowed to have knifes he would say. It says he was a budding actor and a talented footballer. Very bad...

Change of topic. I have noticed that there are more and more people outside Farringdon station trying to hand you random leaflets and flyers. I think what they are trying to say is 'would you mind chucking this on the floor within the next 20 feet as I can't be bothered'...

Chinese man has just taken a call, and he is speaking in ....err rascist...why did you think it would be in mandarin? Just because he's reading Chinese and the names of his contacts on his Garmin phone appeared in Chinese..ah..ok he is speaking in Chinese though I did hear 'fin er chee rod' mid way through the conversation.

Right, let's leave it there. Have a great dinner (fancy a Chinese now for some reason) and a great sleep,

A small man called Kawks




No comments:

Post a Comment