The Met Line Journal

The life and times of a small man called Min, his daily journey's from Rayners Lane to Farringdon.

This blog is an insight into the wonderful world of the Met Line, packed into chunky bites of random thoughts, the weird and the wonderful sites I see on my journey to and from work, and the odd comedy gag...

Read it and weep (with laughter)...

Wednesday 4 January 2012

Wednesday 4th January - The Journey home

17:56 all stations to not sure.

Bam, Just got on the tube as the doors shut so no idea where it's heading, but Indian people are on it, so looking good.

The reason for the delay in getting on was that outside Farringdon station, there was a pretty, young, homeless woman, who I thought I should do the right thing by and so asked her if I could take her home. She gave me a big smile and said Yes! The look on her face soon changed when I walked off with her cardboard box...

No messing about today, so let's check out the headlines (got my own copy of the ES today - lesson learnt yesterday posh lady...lesson learnt.

"Two jailed, four others on the loose" it says. Wowza, looks like the prison overcrowding problems aren't as bad as they were making out...

It's really about the racist killers of Stephen Lawrence, and they deserve to pay for what they did! Woah, went serious there for a sec, but it is a serious issue.

The top of the paper points to "Naked beauty - natural ways to be at your fresh faced best". See page 29. Right, no clothes for me tomorrow on the Met line..I want to be at my best after all!
Sorry for those eating your dinner whilst reading this...

Todays Met line book being read is "Disgrace" by I M Coetzee. It says on the top that it won the booker prize in 1999! Wow, whose had a Christmas present brought from a charity shop I wonder...

Today's advert - Wowza, it's a rude one again, advertising the London Sperm Bank. It has a tag line of 'be special, give Sperm'. Catchy...I wonder if they put it on here, as the Met line is always delayed and men are thinking...damn what am I'm supposed to do with the next 2 minutes 12 seconds whilst the circle line leaves platform 4 at Baker Street...

Quote of the day: Dalglish: "There are a lot of things we'd like to say but doing so would only get ourselves into trouble".That's because they're probably racist, Kenny...

Right, Rayners is here, so have a great sleep and remember...

Be special...

A small man called Kawks

No comments:

Post a Comment