The Met Line Journal

The life and times of a small man called Min, his daily journey's from Rayners Lane to Farringdon.

This blog is an insight into the wonderful world of the Met Line, packed into chunky bites of random thoughts, the weird and the wonderful sites I see on my journey to and from work, and the odd comedy gag...

Read it and weep (with laughter)...

Monday 23 January 2012

Monday 23rd January 2012 - The Journey Home

18:53 Semi-fast Watford

Well hello matey pips. How are we all. I trust you all had excellent weekends and did all those things you always dreamed of doing. I know my dream has always involved buying "powered coconut milk", cos that's what Preeti's task for Sunday was. Seriously I had a lovely time with my sisters and BIL's.

Some exciting developments to share in what I guess I should dub Anniversary week. I spent a few hours over the weekend converting the blog into a proper book, well e-book, now that Apple have launched iAuthor and iBooks 2. I have done Chapter 1 which is basically all the blogs for November and embedded random pics of me, Preeti and Rajvi as well as the odd video. I'm hoping it will be released into the iTunes store sometime this week. Keep a look at for it and all comments gratefully received. I've called it "The life and times of a man called Kawks (subtitle The Journey Home).

Ok back to the Agenda!

Netflix is still holding up well, and saw a range of movies from Bollywood to Hollywood to 24 to inbetweeners to Top gear. My advice would be get it, can't go wrong for £6 a month.

Did anyone watch 127hrs last night on C4? This was the one of a chap who spends quite a few hours (no idea exactly how many) stuck in a canyon with only his video camera (and obviously Danny Boyle, the film crew and AR Rahman doing the funky music). Preeti told me to switch it off at 10:30 as she wanted to sleep, but I would have givenll my right arm to see it all the way to the end. Hope he got out ok...

Today's advert is about the air conditioning on the new met line trains. Which the advert tells me is "for our comfort". Well TFL, perhaps you can save the advert and the blasts of cold air for the summer when someone might actually appreciate it. The hair on my head is swishing from left to right like its 1995. (sorry didn't know what else to rhyme with right).

So at lunchtime went to the Chinese (happy new year!) and got a fortune cookie that said "be not afraid to walk through the door of opportunity " so I left without paying...

Headline in the paper is "Boris v Ken: Fight to be mayor on knife edge". Wowza, you would have thought they should be setting a better example!. Ken has a 2 point lead, but as I know well from watching Karate Kid, Boris is probably about to get out his Preying Mantis move out.

Ok gang, word of advice! The Bonnie Tyler Satnav which I brought from EBay is totally rubbish. It kept telling me to turn around, and every now and then it fell apart...

On people watch today, due north of me are a lady who is also enjoying the delights of the air conditioning. She ha a scarf wrapped all round her head and then over that, some ear warmers. Nice! Next to her is a chap with monster headphones (in ear) connected to an iPad. He's tapping away, but I can't see what. He doesn't have a case for it either. Let's see if he makes it out of Rayners Lane alive...

In page 21, an interesting article about "why can't a Brit get a job at Pret". Pret basically said "foreign" people have a better work ethos and willing to work flexible times. Well there you go...munch on that.

Thought of the day: The age of consent in England was set around 1890...Personally, I think that's way too high.

Right kids, time to ring the master and get my lift from Rayners to the 400yrds home.

Have a great sleep and let me know I you want an autographed edition off the book!

Have a great read,

A small man called Kawks




No comments:

Post a Comment