The Met Line Journal

The life and times of a small man called Min, his daily journey's from Rayners Lane to Farringdon.

This blog is an insight into the wonderful world of the Met Line, packed into chunky bites of random thoughts, the weird and the wonderful sites I see on my journey to and from work, and the odd comedy gag...

Read it and weep (with laughter)...

Tuesday 3 January 2012

3rd January 2012 - The Journey Home

HNY!! I used to say Happy New Year, but Rajvi has told me this is not cool. I thought this was initially something to do with New York, having some Hot weather, but apparently it's not...

So, how did your Chrimbo's and New Years go. As I came to work for the first time in about 2 weeks today, it was a joy to see so many happy people on the train. I think the lovely gales and rain helped a little here...

So on my journey home, and you may be thinking that I sound a little different today. That's very perceptive of you dear blog reader, and that's because i am taking the Piccadilly line home this evening. Rajvi did her big eyes, love u dad routine this morning and asked me to go to Jack Wills in Covent Garden after work to get some pink and blue stripey bag 'as it was in the Sale' and less than half price. See that's what kids do to you...

The main difference between this tube line and the met line is that this one is mostly full of tourists as you would expect. There is a chap talking loudly in what my star trek translator gadget is telling me is a mix of Bulgarian and Croatian. Then again..there are a few cz's in there, so may be Polish...

Having not really been out for a long time, I am a bit shocked again at how tall people are, especially on the PIC line as they lurch their backs to fit the tube arch.

I'm waiting for the lady sitting next to me to open the front page so I can read you today's headline from the evening standard. She is one of those people who only opens the paper wide enough for just HER to read. how rude! Will update u if I get to see it.

The adverts relate to 'Frustrating Day? Get home for some instant relief'...oo errr...ah, it's actually for LoveFilm. I'm gonna wait for Netflix as I hear they are gonna undercut everyone, thank you.

Today's thought of the day..."Surely they can just call it Zealand now."

Just some final news before I go, It may be the beginning of the year and that saying 'du du du du be forgot..Auld Lange Sign', but Preeti did not 'forgot' and is leaving me because of my obsession with Cricket. To be honest with you dear Blog reader, this news has knocked me for Six...

Righty, that's your lot! Have a great sleep (I sure will today!) and take care,

2012 regards,

A small man called Kawks

No comments:

Post a Comment