The Met Line Journal

The life and times of a small man called Min, his daily journey's from Rayners Lane to Farringdon.

This blog is an insight into the wonderful world of the Met Line, packed into chunky bites of random thoughts, the weird and the wonderful sites I see on my journey to and from work, and the odd comedy gag...

Read it and weep (with laughter)...

Wednesday 25 January 2012

Wednesday 25th January - The Journey Home

18:35 all stations to Northfields

Good evening peeps. If I sound different its because I'm on the piccadilly line as I've been in a pow wow all afternoon near Holborn station. Everyone from the meeting was going to go to some la di da restaurant, but I thought unless I wanted Preeti to REALLY leave me, then I should get the hell home for our 18th year wedding anniversary.

Thanks everyone for all your kind wishes on FB, txts, gifts and pats on backs today. It meant a lot and I love you all.

This lady is standing right in front of me (yep I got a seat) who is about 8ft tall and if I stood up, I think my head would only reach to about three quarters of where her legs finished. Let's just say its making it quite difficult to concentrate on today's blog!

Have a nice sleep..only kidding

Thought for the day: I know we have the baby on board badges for the ladies to identify their 'good news' and so they get a seat, but I'm thinking of getting a personal one made, saying 'flab on board'...I need a seat too.

There is a man opposite who has both a north face jacket but also a north face bag. Wonder if he's from up north too.

Todays advert is for the times newspaper. They are offering free home delivery before 7am, if you take out a 3 month subscription. Tell you what times newspaper...I'll stick to sleeping in the morning and reading the evening standard on the way home. Good try though.

There is also an insurance advert with the strapline "Because It happens". In front of the "IT" they have a baggage tag with the name of the insurance company. So you automatically read..."When shit happens". Slighly racist if you ask me dear blog reader as the bloke in the picture is black...

I need to swap trains as I'm now at Acton town so talk amongst yourselves.

Ok safely onto the uxbridge branch and these blokes are chatting away. "This morning was the first time this year I've got a bus to work", to which I nearly replied...well your a rubbish engineer then aren't you!

I obviously didn't as I don't think losing my front 2 teeth on our anniversary would go down well.

The lady to my left is reading a book called "the tunnel rats" by stephen leather. I think that's very appropriate since we are currently in a tunnel and there is a rodent walking about. Ok not really, but the joke doesn't work as well without it.

She has stopped talking and received a call from her mate and they are discussing the ski holiday she has returned from. They had great weather, loads of booze and parties and..now the phones cut out so let's leave it there. Maybe one of the rats has cut the line...

Before you ask, what did I get for Preeti, thanks to your generosity, she got 47 likes and 24 comments. Lucky, Lucky girl...oh and a plastic rose.

Have a great sleep!

A small man called Kawks

No comments:

Post a Comment