The Met Line Journal

The life and times of a small man called Min, his daily journey's from Rayners Lane to Farringdon.

This blog is an insight into the wonderful world of the Met Line, packed into chunky bites of random thoughts, the weird and the wonderful sites I see on my journey to and from work, and the odd comedy gag...

Read it and weep (with laughter)...

Monday 16 January 2012

Monday 16th January 2012 - The journey home

18:05 Semi fast to Watford

Well hello there! I trust you all had lovely weekends and a good Monday.

Yesterday, we took mum and dad to a variety of places. Starting in Costco Watford (brought a Nike tracksuit Small Size, a bag of potatoes and some dishwasher tablets), then onto the Hare Krishna temple (is it bad that when the lady who does that stamp on your head comes close, I pretend that I didn't see her and rush inside?), then onto my aunties house for a lovely chat and delicious food and then a meal at Rose in Kingsbury for some masala chips and veg mains. They have just introduced a loyalty card. Wowza, bet Sainsbury's are worried.

I have some exciting news about tonight's journey people. Approaching the new farringdon entrance this evening and there is a crowd of people waiting to get in. Woah I thought...either the queen has started to use the tube or something has broken... Yep, First Capital Connect or FCC as the kids call it was feeling unwell so it took 15 mins to get to the platform. Met line is thankfully ok and I even managed to get a seat. see that's karma right there...look after ur parents, take them to Costco to buy some dishwasher tablets from time to time and in return you get a seat on the tube, even when there is a crisis going on. Hare Ram.

Before I forget, Netflix is brill and now available on apple tv. I relieved season 4 episodes 1-3 with dad on Saturday and watched Dhobi Ghat with Preeti in the evening. For £6 a month you can't go wrong...

Parents are off to India tomorrow and mum has been making sure she has found enough random stuff to make the 46k EACH of the Jet airlines baggage allowance. Dad has been busy putting their names in big writing with yloads of Sellotape on the bags.

I went to that toy shop near leather lane market at lunchtime to get myself a model of a cruise ship (did u see the horrible news over the weekend!). So he gets it out for me and to my embarrassment I then found out that I had left my wallet at home. I don't think he was that happy when I asked if he could put it to one side for me...

Today's headline is "parking turmoil as chief resigns". Wowza. Maybe he should have looked for a bigger space or used a parking camera as we do in the Lexus!

Right, let's leave it there as I'm feeling sleepy now. Speak soon...

That reminds me, my mate at work who I've known for 10 years finally confessed that he works as a mime artist at Covent Garden on Saturdays. Woah, he kept that quiet...

Have a quiet sleep,

A small man called Kawks.

No comments:

Post a Comment