The Met Line Journal

The life and times of a small man called Min, his daily journey's from Rayners Lane to Farringdon.

This blog is an insight into the wonderful world of the Met Line, packed into chunky bites of random thoughts, the weird and the wonderful sites I see on my journey to and from work, and the odd comedy gag...

Read it and weep (with laughter)...

Tuesday 17 January 2012

Tuesday 17th January - The Journey Home

19:26 All stations to Uxbridge

Hello matey pips. Woah, that was a busy day! Just heading home and I bumped into a work colleague who I hadn't seen for ages. So by the time I've got round to blog duties, we are already at Baker Street.

No Evening Standard either. What I'm saying gang is that you may have to entertain yourselves today!

The tube is fairly busy (43% full) so lets look around...

The chap opposite me has done the classic fashion faux par and worn a yellow tie with blue dots on a white,pink and blue stripy shirt. My eyes..my eyes.
I will be seeing those bloody blue dots even when I look away now...

Parents flew to India this morning, and everything went to plan. Though by the time I took downstairs one of their suitcases, I appeared to have a rather large name tag and Sellotape covering on my shirt proclaiming I was 'Jayagauri Bhogaita'. Nice. Good work Dad. Those hours putting on the stickers last night has paid off big time. Still got a few interesting looks at work with my new name tag. They have gone for 2 months, so if viewer ratings for the Discovery Channel, Travel Channel and Deal or (just open the box you have and save us all some time) No Deal have gone down, you will now know why. Also Sellotape sellers in Rayners Lane will see a dramatic fall in profits this quarter.

Today's advert is for net flights. More than flights...for less is their tagline. It's not quite ticketstoindia.com is it!

I told dad to do the Bhogaita household justice and make sure he has a tomato juice with all those extra bits and bobs as well as a can of coke. It's the only time you order 2 drinks and drink them in quick succession and then also ask for Tea. I like the ritual of opening all the little sachets and seeing what Asian Vegetarian is going to look like. Looking at people's faces with their tongues out when the stewards pass out the pretzels/bag of random nuts is priceless. Everyone acts like they have nuggets of gold in them, and if your like me, will spend a good 10mins opening the packet. Which reminds me...anyone tried opening an Indian packet of crisps. You have more chance of opening a stall selling beef burgers there. I normally resort to handing the packet to Preeti to rip apart using her teeth...

The other bit which always makes me chuckle, whilst I'm having this random rant is..so you happily spend 8hrs 36mins on the flight to India and the absolute moment that the engine taxis to the terminal, everyone goes dolally! Must turn on phone and try and be discrete (not) and standup and shuffle about and get off the plane. Sit down people, save your blood pressure. This is usually where I show off and demonstrate that I can stand fully upright and still be under the luggage compartments. Result!
Is it me or does everyone also have a look at what's going on in the business class bit as you get off and notice that they are very messy and never detangle their headphones. Shucks!

Right, final thought of the day: Thank goodness for WeBuyAnyShip.com

Have a great one,

A small man called Kawks.





No comments:

Post a Comment