The Met Line Journal

The life and times of a small man called Min, his daily journey's from Rayners Lane to Farringdon.

This blog is an insight into the wonderful world of the Met Line, packed into chunky bites of random thoughts, the weird and the wonderful sites I see on my journey to and from work, and the odd comedy gag...

Read it and weep (with laughter)...

Monday 9 January 2012

Monday 9th January 2012 - The Journey Home

18:21 All stations to Uxbridge

Well hello there people. I trust you had a fabulous weekend and an even better Monday. We went to Lester for a Birthday party. Now, I think it's true to say that it was a bit different to your regular 'surprise party' said in an Indian accent, but it was an 80th Birthday Party. Yep that's right, there was no Disco though the bhajans were rather good! Beat my all time record of 2hrs 12 mins for sitting cross legged on the floor and everything!

So at Euston Square and this is the first full week back. Hurrah. The train is busy but most people seem to have a seat (old style train), so that's good.

The woman opposite looks Russian to me, she has that hairstyle, like there is one of those fluffy toy dogs on her head...nice!

The chap next to me looks like he is either a surgeon or a barrister. You know how they have their glasses tipped right at the tip of their nose and he is reading something which looks very interesting and thought provoking on his iPhone.

Before I forget, thank you very much for continuing to view my blog. I'm at 1774 views now, which is tremendous and when I get to 2000, I may even do another little rap song for you as a sign of my appreciation...

I just thought of a new section for the blog. Let me know what you think. I've titled it Uncle Kawks - Tip of the day.

Todays is that Netflix have finally launched their online movie service in the UK. They will charge £6 per month which is quite a bit less than other players but gonna have to have a look at the titles they have on offer before signing up. Watch this space...that why I got rid of Sky Movies a month ago which was costing £16, and the last movies I saw were Titantic (it sank) and King Kong (it died) on it.

Did you hear on the news this morning that Anthony Worrell Thompson was just given a CAUTION for shoplifting at Tesco? He should be doing 12 months community service making soup for the homeless,and that's just for starters......

Today's headline is "Games £1bn boost for the UK. Wow, how time have changed. I can still remember when my favourite chocolate bar only cost 23p...

Oh before I forget, set your watches, it's 200 days to go!

Today's advert is "how much", "how long" "you decide". Wowza, sounds like Friday night kerb crawling the streets around Highfields... Ah, it's about Wonga.com...so same sort of thing them, I.e. your gonna get screwed either way...

Lyrics for the day are "Sometimes I feel like throwing my hands up in the air!" I'm still traumatised by that bank robbery...

Has anyone been watching Sherlock on the Beeb. it's rather good and would recommend it, and you can catch up with previous episodes on Iplayer.

Russian lady is STILL on the same page of the newspaper, so she MUST be a spy for the KBG, either that or her dog is one hell of a slow reader.

The story in the paper today is about the rise of the male receptionists. Apparently, it's gone from none to a fifth in the city in the space of 5 years.
Interesting huh..let me know why you think there has been this shift in behaviour.

Thought for the day: Never throw your old bike out ; Recycle it...

Ok gang, time to comb my muchi as its a bit windy out there and I wanna see where I'm going, see you all again real soon, and pls do let me have some thoughts and comments about future topics,

Have a great sleep,

A small man called Kawks


1 comment:

  1. ahh such a well put together piece.. Will hold you to the Rap !

    You definately beat me @ sitting cross legged.. I guess its sign of early artharitis for me.

    Good read !

    ReplyDelete