The Met Line Journal

The life and times of a small man called Min, his daily journey's from Rayners Lane to Farringdon.

This blog is an insight into the wonderful world of the Met Line, packed into chunky bites of random thoughts, the weird and the wonderful sites I see on my journey to and from work, and the odd comedy gag...

Read it and weep (with laughter)...

Friday 20 January 2012

Friday 20th January 2012 - The Journey Home

18:11 Piccadilly - All stations to Uxbridge

Hello Friday people. Do do do doo foo...mostly coloured brown. Catchy rap last night huh. Well you were worth every penny of me commissioning Gary Barlow to write that ditty.

So I was singing our favourite song on the way to Farringdon station and a massive queue of peeps trying to get in. Big time problems with some fault at Algate, so no Met line. :-(

If that wasn't enough, on my 10 minute walk to Chancery Lane, thought I would flick through the headlines in the paper. "Oxford Street Flood Chaos" it said, with millions of pounds of damage after huge pipe explodes. Woah, so everything is happening (dramatic pause) as the Mayans predicted. On a brighter note, might not have to get anything for Preeti's birthday in December.

So here we are finally on the Pic line and what can I see...mostly people with suitcases going to Heathrow for a city break to Krakow.

Now that's a bargain I'm reading from today's advert 'London to New York £13 one way" Wowza Nowza! Are these deals exclusive to Pic line customers only. Maybe I can whisk Preeti away for a weekend there for next weeks 18th Anniversary present. Aah, hold on caller, just re-read the advert...it's just London to York. Oh well , a trip to Sakoni's and walk up and down Ealing Road will have to do....

As you well know, most days Preeti threatens to leave me. Last night, she said she is leaving me because I always relate everything to Batman. What a joker...

So, tomorrow, and with no mum to protect me...Preeti has said that I've got to do the weekly shop at Sainsburys. I don't know about you dear blog reader but I'm still not sure about using those self checkout terminals they have in there these days. I'm just not sure I could cope in front of all those people...if I found a lump whilst examining my bobbles...Ahem. Sorry bit rude, but it's after 7pm right.

We are at Acton Town. Two ladies are gassing about random things and not being very PC. As I tune in and out of their conversation I'm picking up "do you know that little black bloke who comes into the shop most days...did you know that blue Rolls Royce is his". The other lady is talking about her "Richards really enjoying Sidney..I did it when I was 21". Looking at this lady, that could have been when the country was first discovered...

Ok here's another line one of them just said "I've not got Children but I'd know how to deal with them"...man, hope they fix the Met line by Monday...my ears are bleeding.

Ooh, did you hear the sad news that Kodak has gone bankrupt. To be honest with you dear blog reader, I wasn't that surprised, he's always been a bit of a rubbish actor...

Right, let's leave it there. The good news about the Pic line is that when we get to Rayners, I won't have to do the 6ft jump down from the tube to the platform. Cloud..lining.

Have a lovely week and big Anniversary week next week so still need those suggestions. So far I only have a single rose from last week. Good job it's a plastic one otherwise it might have died by now...

Laters Taters,

From a small man who just watches Netflix these days.








No comments:

Post a Comment