The Met Line Journal

The life and times of a small man called Min, his daily journey's from Rayners Lane to Farringdon.

This blog is an insight into the wonderful world of the Met Line, packed into chunky bites of random thoughts, the weird and the wonderful sites I see on my journey to and from work, and the odd comedy gag...

Read it and weep (with laughter)...

Tuesday 10 January 2012

Tuesday 10th January 2012 - The Journey Home

19:06 Semi fast to Watford

Howdie doodie and sorry for being slightly late with today's blog. For some strange reason, they wanted me to do some work today, so had to finish off some bits and bots before heading to platform 2.

The train has a massive 7 passengers in my bit. Come on its only 7pm, where is everyone? I am stretching out, like a yoof would do and lying with my legs along where 3 passengers would normally sit. Before you say anything, your right..there is still space for 2 people to sit where my legs end!

Headlines today are about the 20,000 new jobs and huge revamp of Euston Station on the back of the high speed train link being proposed. Neat, the mafia will be very happy about all these new jobs!

Advert of the day is "Switch off at night". I initially thought it was a 'be good to mother earth and her resources but no..., it's some night nurse type medication which 'can help switch off those repetitive unwanted thoughts so you can enjoy peace of mind for peaceful sleep'. Wowza! I'm getting a bottle of that for Preeti...job done

Today's thought of the day: Give a man a job and you have an employee. Teach a man how to shift blame and you have a manager...

Review of the day: The Warhorse. If Sarah Jessica Parker does not receive an Oscar for her performance, there is no justice...

Gadget of the day: Just read that LG have developed a smart fridge, so it bloody well should be for £2,000 which has a large LCD screen, camera and Internet connection for downloading receipes. You scan the shopping receipt and it knows what you have in there or use voice recognition to tell the fridge what the item is. It can automatically reorder from Waitrose when the item has been used. It then uses the recipe to turn the oven at the right temperature! Woah!! Preeti is so chucked...

Wow that was a long bit, but you know how much I love my technology!

Lyrics of the day: It must have been love...But I'm sober now...

Forget to tell you that I spent last night
going through all my old computers in the loft. So many memories...

Right gang, time to ask the fridge to come and pick me up, see you laters,

Have a peaceful sleep,

A small man called Kawks

No comments:

Post a Comment