The Met Line Journal

The life and times of a small man called Min, his daily journey's from Rayners Lane to Farringdon.

This blog is an insight into the wonderful world of the Met Line, packed into chunky bites of random thoughts, the weird and the wonderful sites I see on my journey to and from work, and the odd comedy gag...

Read it and weep (with laughter)...

Wednesday 11 January 2012

Wednesday 11th January 2012 - The Journey Home

20:03 Fast Chesham

Yes ladies and gentleman, another day working till late in the office. As I tell Preeti, those gifts I get for her from the poundshop, don't pay for themselves. Ok, technically the magic box which "technically" she owns, pays for them, but we are merely getting into detail...

4 people in the carriage today. The chap due west of me (never eat shredded wheat)..yep west of me, is watching something very interesting on his iPad. I wonder if he streaming something from Netflix? Probably not as we are current 70ft underground. Maybe I should go and sit next to him and offer him some popcorn.

So I decided to sign up to the free 1 month trial of Netflix (Thanks Kishan!) and spent from 10:03 to 11:07 last night watching a wide variety of content. I know you are very interested so I will expand on this a bit...started off with The Expendables, then after the first few fights and Stallone dialogue (yep, it has subs - Tick), I moved onto Top Gear. they have the last 20 series on there and I picked one at random. It was one of those specials where they went to Romania to find the best road in the world in a Ferrari, Aston Martin and Lamborghini. The streaming is actually not bad on the iPad, but a bit flaky on a 65" plasma. Finally, I noticed they had 2 pages of bollywood movies, so watched the starting of Race. The amount of spins that Merc SLK does in the intro as it collides with the steel pipes which became dislodged from the lorry was very impressive. No director... it didn't look at all as you had stitched the same scene today 10 times from different angles. Anyways, I got dizzy after that, so I went to sleep...

Due to my late running, I have no Evening standard to report. I can however substitute this section today and tell you that for dinner I'm having mug (no the green kata ones) and rotli. I thought about having a choro as I'm tired and it's easier to eat, but thought i will stick with good old rotli for today.

So at lunchtime, this bloke in Pret reminded me of Michael Jackson. He said, "Don't forget about Michael Jackson"...shamon

There are now 2 old dears who got on at Northwick Park and one of them is explaining that she has just come back from the hospital there and the doctor has told her that unfortunately she has only 18 months to live. Unfortunate!! the rest of us are all going die in December!

Today's advert is for the london boat show. Hold onto your hats folks, it's not only the BEST of boating but also water sports. Wowza...and kids go free. Might get Rajvi to go on her own...my treat.

So I need some advice gang, it's our 18yr Wedding Anniversary on the 25th, so any tips for what 'surprise' in an Indian accent I should think of? It's also 20 yrs for me this month at my company, and also, the next door neighbours aunty's dog is going to be..ok let's leave it there. Looking forward to your ideas and make sure they aren't too expensive, as I've got a few new gadgets I'm saving for this year.

Right, that's your lot, aw jaw.

Have a great sleep,

A small man eating mug tonight.






No comments:

Post a Comment