The Met Line Journal

The life and times of a small man called Min, his daily journey's from Rayners Lane to Farringdon.

This blog is an insight into the wonderful world of the Met Line, packed into chunky bites of random thoughts, the weird and the wonderful sites I see on my journey to and from work, and the odd comedy gag...

Read it and weep (with laughter)...

Thursday 5 January 2012

Thursday 5th January 2012 - The Journey Home

18:15 all stations to Uxbridge.

Evening gang. Hasn't it been blowy today! Lunchtime in the Square, and the ladies were furiously trying to hold onto their skirts. And that my friends is why the city is a dangerous place to work in...

On the new style tubes but managed to dash to the only available seat in the carriage. It's the "priority" seat so I've put on my sunglasses...

That reminds me, I have a feeling that it's National Braille week this week...

Onto the headlines. Ms Abbots twitter gets a mention as you would expect. Divide and rule...tut tut.

Also there is a lovely pic of Will and Kate in a story about a security scare.

Finally there is an article about Margaret Thatcher, and what she meant to the people she touched. All I remember about Maggie is that she did away with free milk at school, and I blame her now for being only being 5ft 2!

Before I forget, new for 2012, Preeti and Rajvi are leaving me because of my obsession with horse racing.

And they're off!...

People watch - there is an Indian dude with a "hein gericke" jacket on. Never heard of them.

Advert of the day is from my favourite channel - Dave. Suits - Two lawyers, one suit. Sounds bloody hilarious... Starts 17th Jan at 9pm...

Back to the paper, and page 9 has a story about a bloke who proposed to his girlfriend during the break of a basketball match, and they had it on the big screen. Apparently, she looked at the ring and said No! Wowza...and that my friends is why I only showed the ring box to Preeti before asking her to say Yes!

The woman next to me is playing Eric Clacton very loud and she has rubbish iPhone headphones. Yes ur right, she ain't Indian...

Today's thought for the day: Butterflies are not what they used to be...

Did anyone see that wonder goal that Tim Howard, the Everton goalie score last night! Amazing. He said later "I can't take credit for that goal. The wind helped it in. I understand that Manchester City are now preparing a £45million bid for the wind...

Right, that's your lot for today, Rayners is in touching distance and I need to put my normal glasses back on.

Best regards

A small man called Kawks


No comments:

Post a Comment