The Met Line Journal

The life and times of a small man called Min, his daily journey's from Rayners Lane to Farringdon.

This blog is an insight into the wonderful world of the Met Line, packed into chunky bites of random thoughts, the weird and the wonderful sites I see on my journey to and from work, and the odd comedy gag...

Read it and weep (with laughter)...

Wednesday 2 May 2012

Wednesday 2nd May 2012 - The Journey Home

18:51 All stations to Uxbridge

Evening gang. Hope you all had fun today and good to see it didn't rain as this drought is costing me loads of money in sand bags...

Let's crack on with the headlines. "I want a Boris in every city - PM. 2 things about that headline.

1. Will Ken have to change his name to Boris if he wins

2. Who looks after the city in the morning?

There is also a story about the border guards going on strike next Thursday. Hmmm, not sure we will notice.

There are some olympic adverts on this tube. They are providing advice such as "Walking part of your journey may be quicker during the games". Agree with that, if part of the journey is where you normally catch the tube, bus, taxi or water boat previously. Thanks TFL, that's been helpful.

That reminds me, do you tend to put "that's very helpful" on your emails when someone sends you some random stuff so you feel like you need to say something but haven't got a clue what they just said. No? Ahh, just me then...

There are no interesting pictures to take on the tube today, so I've attached the cover to my book, which is available on iTunes if you have an iPad. Thanks to Yee Hung for the drawing, it's fantastic!

There is a story about a new cable car which will let you cross the river at heights of 90 metres. It can transport 10 people at a time. Woah, maybe I'll use that instead of the tube during the Olympics. It cost £60m to build. Great. that's helpful.

Texting damages children's language skills claims Sir Terry Pratchet. Woah nt sure the dude nose wat he's taking bout.

Hey, hey, have you heard about the new way to meet new people, keep up with friends and family, and see what's happening in the world? It's called going outside and getting a bloody life...

Got some sad news for you dear blog reader. I can't believe my best mate, Gavin, has died of severe heartburn.

Gav is gone...

Let's end on thought for the day: I don't understand fast food. I've been eating it for years but I seem to be getting slower and slower...

Right that's your lot. Have a lovely sleep,

A small man called Kawks.








No comments:

Post a Comment