The Met Line Journal

The life and times of a small man called Min, his daily journey's from Rayners Lane to Farringdon.

This blog is an insight into the wonderful world of the Met Line, packed into chunky bites of random thoughts, the weird and the wonderful sites I see on my journey to and from work, and the odd comedy gag...

Read it and weep (with laughter)...

Monday 14 May 2012

Monday 14th May 2012 - The journey home

18:54 Semi fast to Watford

How do you put a cork back in a champagne bottle? Ask a Man United fan.

Boom! What a weekend folks. How very exciting. Well played Man City, well paid...

The train is rather full for this time of day so I've had to squeeze between 2 people who really didn't want to have a 3rd person joining them. Hey ho, 'did that bag have it's own oyster card' I nearly said, but as I just tried to sit on it, they sort of got this gist and moved it.

So, I don't know about you but I think I'm getting addicted to EBay. In the last 7 days I have purchased the following items:

1. 2 x A23 Duracell batteries (doubles) for about £3.50 total

2. 10 packs of Black Ice Magic tree air fresher for the car. £7.30 (did you know that each one is supposed to last for 7 weeks)

3. 100 pairs of Rosemary Hopi candles. No price on that for commercial reasons. Preeti would kill me.

4. Diamond Peel face scrub. See above.

5. HP 21 and 22 ink cartridges for the deskjet. £18 (apparently filled with 3 times as much ink as the originals)

6. Fancy iPad stylus pen (Jot Pro) which came first in a recent survey. No price as ...see Preeti would kill me comment.

7. Coffee electronic whisk thingy. £1.98. It's coming from Hong Kong and should get here by mid June!

There some other stuff, but can't remember now.

Headline today is 'Heathrow in crisis warns airport boss'. Woah. It says it's only got 15 yrs to sort itself out or be reduced to a 'local airport'.

The whole JP Morgan team in London behind the losses were set to lose their jobs today too. Black Monday huh.

So this weekend, I was performing stand up for everybody at the O2 in London, when the manager came over and said, "Excuse me sir, this is a phone shop, not a comedy club."...

I've just read that David Cameron is planning to spend £1.4m on binge drinking by the end of 2012. Not exactly setting a great example there, David...

Right, that's enough nonsense for today, see you tomorrow and have a great sleep!

A small man called Kawks








No comments:

Post a Comment