The Met Line Journal

The life and times of a small man called Min, his daily journey's from Rayners Lane to Farringdon.

This blog is an insight into the wonderful world of the Met Line, packed into chunky bites of random thoughts, the weird and the wonderful sites I see on my journey to and from work, and the odd comedy gag...

Read it and weep (with laughter)...

Wednesday 6 June 2012

Wednesday 6th June 2012 - Blog special

05:00 Taxi to Airport

Good morning folks. I won't raise my voice as its well early and the neighbours are probably still asleep.

To make up for the no show the last couple of days, thought I would make it up to you with a blog special.

This morning my journey is to a meeting in Copenhagen, Denmark. Off for a day trip and back in the evening,

Had 2 missed calls from the taxi man who got here at 4.45am, but he will have to wait as Preeti hasn't made my tea yet...Before you say anything, I did wake her up to say that I'll make my own tea, but luckily by having this conversation, she was awake so said she would do it!

The taxi man talked non stop to the Airport. He told me 2 long (boring) stories. The first involved him recounting in great detail how he 2 yrs ago (he's been mini-cabbing for 3) gave 2 missed calls to a customer and had to wait 10 minutes before the bloke came out. Then, he recited the story of the black women (not sure of how this is really relevant) who said that she will be 5 minutes, came out after 5 minutes and said she will be 5 minutes...you get the jist..in the end it was 20mins. She wanted to go to Gatwick (55miles) and she now only had an hour to her flight and they encountered traffic, fog and breaking the odd speed limit. With 10 mins to go, she made it, but not before a load of tears from her about not making the flight.

So the thought for the day is 'wear headphones or sunglasses if you don't want to hear stories from the cab driver.

I couldn't even be bothered to ask him the 2 standard questions.

1. What time you working till
2. Been doing this long (as he had already told me)

He told me how much he loved his job and how he was his own master and no one was gonna order him about. To which I said, 'Turn left here'...(copyright Jimmy Carr).

Got the flight and landed at 9:30am (Denmark time), didn't see any of the other Deloitte people though it was a full flight. Little worried about that...

Not sure about the breakfast. It was a cheese sandwich which I thought was fine, until I read it closer and it was Brie! In economy as well, what's wrong with Cheddar or Red Leicester? And it had bloody grapes in it as well. Just drank the orange juice and fell asleep.

OMG!!!! Just been confirmed that I'm a tad early for the meeting, and it's actually next Wednesday! Oops.

Changed my flight from this evening to one at 2pm and spent the morning in the Hilton reception area doing emails.

Thought about doing some sightseeing but a bit boring on your own so will just pretend I'm a hotel customer.

Right, think after today, got another story to tell the grandkids! Talk about 'The Journey Home!'

Have a great flight...

A small man called Kawks

No comments:

Post a Comment