The Met Line Journal

The life and times of a small man called Min, his daily journey's from Rayners Lane to Farringdon.

This blog is an insight into the wonderful world of the Met Line, packed into chunky bites of random thoughts, the weird and the wonderful sites I see on my journey to and from work, and the odd comedy gag...

Read it and weep (with laughter)...

Thursday 14 June 2012

Thursday 14th June 2012 - The Journey Home

19:34 Semi fast to Watford

Good news to share peeps. I went to the right country on the right day yesterday. Lovely long day, waking up at 3:43am (why do people always have to wake up at rounded time...live a little like me). I digress, where was I. Oh yeah, 3:43am woke Preeti up to tell her I would make my own tea (she last weeks blog for the joke) and then left for the airport at 5am to T5. Anyway, the day went really well and got back home at 8:30pm. Obviously no tube journey so no blog. As we Indians like to say "Rules are Rules"...

Today my dear blog readers is the anniversary of when Preeti came to the UK after we got married. 18 lovely years ago. She thought I had forgotten about her as she couldn't see us at arrivals. I was much shorter in those days...

It was a good job I had a picture to remind me of what she looked like as my "wedding interview" last 43 minutes and then a couple of days later, we got married and I came home. I mean how is a man supposed to remember what his wife looks like after not seeing her for 3 months...I learnt a lot from this little tale. I took a picture of a bulldog for when my mother in law first visited...


Woah, just seen the back page and it says that Harry Rednapp has left Spurs! He must be the first manager in history to have buckled under the pressure of the England job without actually having it...

Fact of the day: According to a recent survey, erectile dysfunction is no longer on the rise.

Let's check out the headlines. "Cameron: my 1,000 meetings to woo the media". Woooo h.

There is a brilliant story of the tourist who broke down near Buckingham palace. He left a lovely letter saying he had broken down and was waiting for the AA. He thought as he was 15 minutes away from the Palace, he decided to go and have a look, only to find his car has been blown up by the security forces, and then given a parking ticket. Brilliant. What did he expect. Indian looking dude (with a beard and hat) just walking off...

Right, let's leave it there..well actually perhaps not! Have a great sleep!

A small man called Kawks




No comments:

Post a Comment