The Met Line Journal

The life and times of a small man called Min, his daily journey's from Rayners Lane to Farringdon.

This blog is an insight into the wonderful world of the Met Line, packed into chunky bites of random thoughts, the weird and the wonderful sites I see on my journey to and from work, and the odd comedy gag...

Read it and weep (with laughter)...

Friday 27 April 2012

Friday 27th April 2012 - The Journey Home

18:48 All stations to Uxbridge

Whoo hoo, yes folks, your thinking it, I'm thinking it. That's right, it's stopped raining for a bit.

The man next to me is reading Hunger Games (catch the fire). He is 37yrs old according to the facial recognition software I've just used and he is a banker called Dave. Rajvi should be getting her copy today (via Amazon - £3.99), as she has just finished the first one. Before you ask, yep she said the book is better than the film. When was that not the case, apart from Speed 2.

I went to Shoe Lane Library this afternoon to ask if they had any books on Suicide. The librarian refused to give it to me as he said that it's the 5th copy they have brought, as no one bothers to return it. Joke guys! No need to ring the samaritans for me. I'm having the time of my life!

Today's blog is an milestone. Why you ask, and why are the characters so massive. Well that's because I'm typing it on my iPad as both my iPhone and Blackberry are dead. I'm having to be extra careful so no one can read what I'm typing, especially when it's about them!

Had some bad news at work today. Got an email to say that I had failed my fire safety training. The question was 'in the event of a fire, what steps should you take?' Apparently 'bloody big ones' was the wrong answer...

We are at Wembley Park and the tube is 34% full. Everyone looks tired and busy looking into their gadget.

Today's headline is "Terminal Chaos hits Heathrow". Woah, sounds like some evil super hero. It says that the airport was branded "omni-megashambles". Gonna see if I can use that word in some of my meetings going forward. It goes on to say that tennis star, Andy Murray and Alistair Campbell faced lengthy delays. So not all bad then...

They say that one in every seven friends has OCD. It's not me. It's either Albert, Brian, Craig, Dave, Edward or Fred...

So, after work today I decided to have a cheeky orange juice before heading home. Next to me, and to my surprise, there was a clock sat at the bar having a drink. The barman told me that he often comes in to unwind...

Boom! and we are at Rayners. Have a great weekend and a lovely sleep.

A small man called Kawks

No comments:

Post a Comment