The Met Line Journal

The life and times of a small man called Min, his daily journey's from Rayners Lane to Farringdon.

This blog is an insight into the wonderful world of the Met Line, packed into chunky bites of random thoughts, the weird and the wonderful sites I see on my journey to and from work, and the odd comedy gag...

Read it and weep (with laughter)...

Wednesday 30 November 2011

Wednesday 30th November - The Journey Home

18:33 Uxbridge (all stations)

Hello there matey pips, how did your day work out for you? Hope you all got your chrimbo shopping done whilst 'working from home' strike day.

Firstly, for Rajvi, before I forget:

You are lub er ly
I am bub er ly

Pull the cork
My dads called Kawks

This was me helping Raj with her homework yesterday where she had to write a poem describing herself as a champagne bottle. I think she was well impressed, speechless, you might say as she just walked away (in admiration of my lyrical powers, I'm sure)

So, I forgot to tell you about an episode that happened last week on the train journey to 'Mad Chester' . Sods law and an hour into the journey coming back, and I'm sitting on the loo (lovely lunch Adam, thank you for the pasta) and the ticket inspector knocks asking to see my ticket! Brilliant, and for some reason he must have thought I was blagging the journey (did he not see that I had my power 'wide stripes' suit on. Anyways I said 'Can't you wait 2 minutes, I'm doing a poo' to which he said 'Sorry sir, I need to see it NOW'.
So as I passed it under the door. I thought it best to explain that the yellow bits must be the sweetcorn from earlier...

Boom and that has taken us all the way to Baker Street!

The driver has played 'there may be pickpockets operating on this train' about 5 times in quick succession....Is this because the Surgeons are on strike today?

I looked around at the passengers and the good news is that everyone was patting their bums, and no one seemed to have lost their behinds so far...

Twice today, I've been on the new (rubbish) met lines where there are 3 seats and the rest have to stand. Really, it's the person I'm leaning on whilst writing this that I feel sorry for...

Wembley Park and one of the 3 seats has emptied so I'll sit down. Hold on, where's my bum! Damn I knew I should have paid more attention to the driver.

Just seen the news that Sunderland have sacked their manager. Wowza. I guess they are just getting into the festive mood by giving the sack to a red cheeked fat man...

Actually there was a group of strikers outside our building this lunchtime, I saw here Rooney,Van Persy and Drogba. Well I think it was Drogba but he was rolling around a bit too much for me to get a good look at him...

Right, 19:14 and Rayners has arrived.

One last time everyone:

You are lub er ly
I am bub er ly

Cheers and a good sleep to you all,

A small man called Kawks

No comments:

Post a Comment