The Met Line Journal

The life and times of a small man called Min, his daily journey's from Rayners Lane to Farringdon.

This blog is an insight into the wonderful world of the Met Line, packed into chunky bites of random thoughts, the weird and the wonderful sites I see on my journey to and from work, and the odd comedy gag...

Read it and weep (with laughter)...

Monday 28 November 2011

Monday 28th November - Journey to work

Yay, it's Monday morning! It's freezing so today marks the official 'wear a stripy sweater to work' day. The train is only 34% full. Maybe everyone's practising for the strike on Wednesday, or they don't possess a stripy sweater.

Let's do advert of the day and get that part over and done with.

Wowza, there is one that starts off 'Are you sitting comfortably?' Interesting me thinks, wonder if the advert is going to transform into a screen and show me a trailer for Happy Feet 2 (in all good cinemas from 2nd Decemburr). Oh no, just read a bit more of the ad, and it's actually for notifying you that you may be one of the 5 million people in the UK who has bladder problems. Damn! Now I feel like going, and there isn't a discarded Nero's coffee cup to be seen!

Everyone is reading the Metro today, some are even just lying it against their chests as a way of getting a few extra layers of warmth. Reading my neighbours copy, there are more details of Janet Devlin being booted out of X Factor last night. As Jimmy Carr tweaked the other day, imagine how good she could be if he didn't have the hiccups! It was good to see the Muppets make a return yesterday, but to be honest with you dear blog reader, the muppets have been on the programme all season!

There is a very annoying woman who has disobeyed rule number 3 of the tube passengers etiquette guide! She has her beep/notification sound on full and it's going off every other second. She looked at me and I've given her the official warning (tut and eyebrows raised high for a sec) so lets see if she behaves herself, otherwise I'm gonna have to pull the bad boy passenger alarm.

Looking around, everyone seems to be wearing a scarf today, so I reckon it's the official start of Winter. The large woman opposite me has a very pale complexion, dark black big eyes and a big massive red scarf. If ever a polar bear tried to escape from London Zoo, this is how it should do it...

A blind man with his guide dog has just got on at Finchley Road. All of a sudden everyone is smiling and looking at the dog! Not sure if it's owner heard the weather forecast today, but I don't think he will be needing those sunglasses.

Seriously, my neighbour recently went blind. It's his family he feels for most...

Boom! We are at Baker Street and this train is terminating so think we will leave it there as I won't be able to type with my gloves on.

Have a beautiful day folks,

A small man called Kawks

No comments:

Post a Comment