The Met Line Journal

The life and times of a small man called Min, his daily journey's from Rayners Lane to Farringdon.

This blog is an insight into the wonderful world of the Met Line, packed into chunky bites of random thoughts, the weird and the wonderful sites I see on my journey to and from work, and the odd comedy gag...

Read it and weep (with laughter)...

Monday 21 November 2011

Monday 21st November - The Journey Home

Wowza, what a night people. We had our Leaders in Society awards and dinner tonight. Got a lovely glass trophy , though not sure where to place the rubix cube on the mantelpiece now...

It's a late one, by blog standards . 9:17pm all stations to Uxbridge, so hope you are all rested and watered.

Had the vegetarian option for dinner (yep mushrooms)...and they were actually ok. Don't tell Preeti though as I never let her order them when we go to restaurants...Taste ok when they are free...

Let's look around...

You are not gonna believe this one bit but in my section of the carriage, there is only one other Indian! I slightly panicked and thought I'd got the hammersmith by mistake, then realised it must be cos its night, and us Indians have to be home by 7pm to watch channel 4 news.

There is a young looking Saddam Hussein opposite me. He's reading the evening standard. I looked at him again, and maybe he's more Borat looking than Saddam.

Just been chatting to Preeti on my way home and she's just let me know that she is leaving me! Just as I reached the Farringdon tunnel, so had to wait till Finchley road to continue.
In that time, I made a list of what could have caused this. I wondered if it was because I rubbed her up the wrong way, or because I'm no longer a spring chicken? When I got to Baker street, I thought maybe it's because I don't bring home all the bacon? As soon as Finchley road arrived, I said "ok dear, don't beat about the bush...give it to me straight! To which she replied she is tired of me always speaking in idioms...

To which I replied "O well, every cloud has a silver lining..."

Wow that was a long one and we are already at Wembley. People must be well into their 3rd bowl of strawberry icecream at Sakoni's by now...

There is a couple sitting across from me and one of them is telling the other that his team member was off work this afternoon as he's lactose intolerance....Personally, I think he's milking it!

Ok, now at HOH, and the bloke opposite has just started a horse walks into a bar.The barman says, "Why the long face joke!

I pretend not to listen but wonder if it's one I've heard before.

He continues "The horse, unable to understand the barman, breaks a table and shits on the floor....

Ok that was different...maybe I'll stick with the earlier train!

Good evening folks, hope you have a lovely sleep.

Regards

A man called Kawks...






No comments:

Post a Comment