The Met Line Journal

The life and times of a small man called Min, his daily journey's from Rayners Lane to Farringdon.

This blog is an insight into the wonderful world of the Met Line, packed into chunky bites of random thoughts, the weird and the wonderful sites I see on my journey to and from work, and the odd comedy gag...

Read it and weep (with laughter)...

Friday 26 April 2013

Got anything new to report? - Min's MinIT Update. Friday 26th April 2013

Hello Hello! and welcome to my weekly tech blog. Thanks again for all the likes last week! (You know who you are!)

No messing about today, lets get on with the show.

Gadget: So a few months ago it was my little nephews' birthday, so Preeti asked me to find a suitable present for a 5 year old. Several searches later, I had found the perfect present for him! A remote control helicopter!! So just as I was gonna hit the 'buy' button! I thought..woah are you crazy, what are you thinking!! That's right folks, if its good enough for a toddler, then it must be good for a middle aged man! So I ordered two of them! However, I thought that I should get a couple of optional extras on mine. So as well as the standard flashing lights when it's flying, mines also came with a little video camera so I could take pics and photos mid air. It comes with a miniSd card , has built in gyroscope to keep it level and the helicopter can be charged via USB. The gadget is brilliant though the lady next door does seem to get a bit annoyed when the rotors tap against her bedroom window....It cost about £27 pounds. Min Marks out of 10. 9.18.

App: Pedometer. So been using this app for about a month now and it's super fantastic (and free and everyone loves free). It records how many steps you walk during the day and is smart enough to know when you are sitting down. When this happens, I shake it a bit to improve my step count. You can set a daily goal (2km in my case), and it tells you in a lovely lady robot voice what percentage of your goal you have walked, calories burnt etc. you can also see a map of the same route you have followed day in day out and summaries for weeks and months. I'm not saying its addictive but sometimes during meetings I just stand up and walk around the table a few times to increase my record...Min Marks out of 10...8.43

Joke: Preeti had me do a spring clean of the loft last night and in one of the boxes was a CD called "The Only Jazz Album You'll Ever Need". And they were bloody right....

Right, that's your lot! Have a great weekend and a lovely sleep.

A small man called Min


No comments:

Post a Comment