The Met Line Journal

The life and times of a small man called Min, his daily journey's from Rayners Lane to Farringdon.

This blog is an insight into the wonderful world of the Met Line, packed into chunky bites of random thoughts, the weird and the wonderful sites I see on my journey to and from work, and the odd comedy gag...

Read it and weep (with laughter)...

Friday 12 April 2013

Got anything new to report? - Min's MinIT Update. Friday 12th April 2013

Well hello there! Week 3 of the technology blog and I've hardly been able to do much work due to all the constant calls from the TV and Radio people. Most of them saying 'Please stop, my eyes are bleeding reading your blog', but as Gandhi once said... 'Where's my slippers'...sorry wrong quote, as Gandhi once said 'Believe in the people'...that's what I'm gonna do as the '4 likes' last week told me.

Gadget: Gadget emergency battery. Have you ever been in a situation where you have to make that really important call and you have the dreaded 1% battery sign? I'm talking to you my iPhone buddies. Then you have to use all your brain power to do the call as quickly as possible. So most of my calls were like 'Fetch me' (translation : I'm at Rayners lane tube my dear wife, can you come and collect me as I can't be bothered to walk the 963 steps home), or 'Pizza...now!' (Calling Papa Johns, though more into Papa Mia (£9.50 for really large pizza, though you do have to collect). The finally straw was when I recently flew back into Heathrow and had the 1% warning and still had to call the taxi man. 'Taxi now, OK bye' was as much as I could get out before the swirling lines indicating shutdown came on (did you do the 'OK bye bit in an Indian accent? Errr racist...)

Anyways, brought a really good 5000mA strength charger about a month ago for about £23 and its brill. Can charge 2 devices at the same time and most importantly has these 3 funky LEDS that show you how much power you have left and comes with a million different connectors (except iPhone 5). Min Marks : 8.3

App: Solar. Great little weather app I got (free) which is really slick. Seeing as its going to be a crazy 18c this Sunday, the timing couldn't be better to show all your (imaginary) friends how much the mercury is rising. You can swipe and pinch as much as you like, and once you've stopped messing about with your nose, check out the app. Best bit is when it shows rain or snow, if you tilt your phone, the rain or snow falls in that direction, it's brilliant and the meetings this week have just flown by! Min Marks out of 10.: 9.2

Thought for the day: With the lovely weather in mind, why do people draw the sun wearing sunglasses. What is it protecting his eyes from?

Tara for now and have a great sleep!

A small man called Min



No comments:

Post a Comment