The Met Line Journal

The life and times of a small man called Min, his daily journey's from Rayners Lane to Farringdon.

This blog is an insight into the wonderful world of the Met Line, packed into chunky bites of random thoughts, the weird and the wonderful sites I see on my journey to and from work, and the odd comedy gag...

Read it and weep (with laughter)...

Friday 19 April 2013

Got anything new to report? - Min's MinIT Update. Friday 19th April 2013

Hello Hello! Welcome to the 4th blog in the series, and I sincerely hope the BBC do fund another one. So 6 likes last week! (and 1 comment - thanks Mohneesh!) so a 50% increase on the previous week. One of the statistics I read this week was that 'In the next 10 years, the sexiest job in the world will be that of a data scientist!' And as I have a massive shiny head, I reckon that I'm gonna be in the top 1% of the 1%, the best of the best (all rights reserved Top Gun). Ladies if you want my personal contact details autographed on your Rubix cube, just let me know...

Gadget: Gonna talk about Google Glasses today as its being tested by volunteers at the moment, who have the pleasure of paying $1500 to Google for testing it. Lucky them! First question...Will it spoil my good looks by putting them over my regular glasses?..and what if I'm down at the cinema watching Lion King 3D, will I be able to wear 3 pairs of glasses at the same time? The video released a while back was amazing though! For the 'volunteers, guidance has already been issued to make sure they don't break the law'. Stuff like 'don't wear them when you drive as you might be distracted', and 'no secret recording when you are in the women's changing rooms'...that kinda thing...Can't give it Min Marks out of 10 until I try a pair, so a holding score of 8.3 based on potential excitement they will bring to my life.

App: KView+ So a few months ago, passing Maplins (as you do), I noticed a fancy CCTV system in the shop window with loads of cameras (4), a shiny black box and lots of wires so went to have a closer look. On the box it said, iPhone. Enabled so 30 secs later, I brought it! It's brilliant and we have set up the cameras all around the house, and you can set it to just email pics of when there is movement or get a live feed from anywhere in the world. Yep, works even when you leave Harrow! Setting up the app to work with the router was a bit tricky, but what I don't know now about opening ports and network IP addresses isn't worth knowing.
A few weeks ago, there was a headless pigeon on our doorstep and initially I thought it was some voodoo from someone suggesting that I should step away from the blog! Having viewed the recording on the app for the previous 3 hrs, I saw that it was actually a hawk that had try to fly off with its prey, couldn't quite lift it so just ate its head and flew off. How's the lunchtime snack going by the way?
It does have a few glitches though. For example, every time the milkman comes to drop off the milk and have a chat with Preeti, the cameras always freeze for an hour...sure it's a glitch right? Min Marks out of 10..7.3 as a bit tricky to set up but brilliant after that.

Joke: "So how did the interview go?" Preeti asked me.

"I'm not too sure to be honest, I said all the usual stuff like, "I'm a hard working person, I get on well with others, I won't let anyone down, blah blah blah, but then he sort of looked at me funny."

"How come?" she replied.

"Because I said blah blah blah."...

Right! that's your lot. As always lets have your likes and comments and see you next week!

Have a great sleep,

A small man called Min



No comments:

Post a Comment