The Met Line Journal

The life and times of a small man called Min, his daily journey's from Rayners Lane to Farringdon.

This blog is an insight into the wonderful world of the Met Line, packed into chunky bites of random thoughts, the weird and the wonderful sites I see on my journey to and from work, and the odd comedy gag...

Read it and weep (with laughter)...

Friday 8 November 2013

Got anything new to report? - Min's MinIT Update. Friday 8th November 2013

Well hello hello! How are we all? I hope you have all had a lovely week.

I'm feeling a bit sleepy this morning so let's not mess about and get on with the show!

Advert of the week: "It felt like reading a book". Woah! That's brilliant! What was that you wonder? perhaps a book? Nope..it's the 'All-New Kindle paperwhite' I think I might change career and do adverts going forward as I reckon I could do just as well! How about for advertising toilet roll, the slogan...so soft you can use it for wiping your tears and your..."..maybe I'll stick to the day job for a tad longer...

What's happening Tube people?: A mother (I think it's the boy's mother but unless I see the birth certificate or request a DNA sample can't be quite sure), who is sitting next to me, has given her 'son' his school breakfast. It's a snickers bar. Nice...

That's made me think of my favourite cereal advert- coco- pops. We were only allowed it every Friday. The slogan was 'so chocolaty that it makes the milk go brown', though we used to tweak it slightly to 'so chocolaty it makes your teeth go black'...

If my writing is going a bit slanty, that's because the man next to me has fallen asleep with his head on my shoulders. Nice...

App of the week: Camfind. No it's not something that helps you find good deals if your in the market for a camcorder, but a really nifty app that helps you identify stuff, using your camera. So, take a picture of anything from a famous person, building, object and it recognises what it is and gives you a whole heap of info about it. I tested it by taking a picture of the Pizza Hut box that contained our lovely veg supreme (no mushrooms but pineapple instead) pizza last night. And before you could say "I feel sick...go on then... last slice", it had pulled back from the interweb, where my local Pizza Hut was, menus, coupons and even a site asking me if I was interested in a career with pizza hut. It's quite amazing and yes folks it's even free to download. Get it now and impress your imaginary friends. Min Marks out of 10...9.36.

Console update: yes folks, finally put in my order for the PS4, launching on the 29th of Nov. Over 1m peeps have done the same so might be quite a long queue at Game in Harrow that day! I thought in these times of recession I should sell my old PS3 games as the new device won't play them. I looked at a few of those trade in sites to see what my games would be worth. Most of the ones I had brought last year for between £30 and £40 were worth around £2.50, with Fifa 2012 showing me that I could get a massive 35 pence (as long as the CD wasn't scratched!) Decided to just keep them on my shelf in the end as I heard yesterday that Sony will introduce backward compatibility next year.

Thought of the week: Too many pigs seem to die whilst eating apples...

Right, let's leave it there! Have a lovely weekend and a great sleep!

A small man called Min


No comments:

Post a Comment