The Met Line Journal

The life and times of a small man called Min, his daily journey's from Rayners Lane to Farringdon.

This blog is an insight into the wonderful world of the Met Line, packed into chunky bites of random thoughts, the weird and the wonderful sites I see on my journey to and from work, and the odd comedy gag...

Read it and weep (with laughter)...

Friday 1 November 2013

Got anything new to report? - Min's MinIT Update. Friday 1st November2013

Well hello hello! How are we all? Firstly a "Happy Diwali and wonderful New Year" to you all! (New Year!...don't worry it's called Indian time, and we are a tad late)

Here we are again on the lovely Met line for the last time of the week, and it must be half term as the carriage is only 63.72% full. 

What's happening on the tube met people: There is a man with a Crystal Palace jacket sitting opposite me. Judging by the non brand trainers he is wearing, I guess he has yet to make it into the first team...

Tube advert of the week: Lumie. It comes with the tag line - "Get up and Glow all day". Wowza, what is this amazing tech I hear you ask? Some sort of miracle lotion you spread on your face?...perhaps an energy saving drink from Aldi? Oh no...this my dear blog reader is a white box thing with a light. (Lumie.com). Damn, and all this time, I've just been wasting my time sleeping with the curtains shut wondering how I was going to boost my energy...

Loads of folks have got on at Harrow on the Hill, but that may be because the slow train has just been put out of service.

Crystal palace man is still tapping on his Sony Experia. Wondering if he's playing FIFA 2013?

App of the week: Seene. This app is truly cool folks, so much so that I've got it on the second page of my iPhone. You know those 3D printer things they have used to making...err 3D objects like guns and pound coins. ( though I did read recently that a new growing market for this was to create duplicates of your private bits). Sorry I digress...well yes, this app allows you to take 3D style pictures that don't need any coloured sweet wrappers to get the effect. The app guides you using arrows to move your phone up and down and side to side and gives you 4 green triangles once you are good to go. It's absolutely amazing and I would have shown you our Crystal Palace man in 3D, but it's not very discreet the old panning around the object and I don't fancy a kick where the Lumie doesn't shine, especially with non branded trainers. Like that other App Vine, you can see what other folks have seene.  (See what I did there!). Check it out, it's really cool and gets a Min Marks out of 10 of 9.38.

Event of the week: So last night I get a knock on the door and it's the pizza delivery man holding a vegetarian supreme pizza (no mushroom, pineapple instead). I was rather taken aback and told him that I hadn't even ordered a pizza!  He goes, "yeah I know, it's actually for my neighbour, but he's forgotten his Facebook password and wanted to show you what he's having for dinner...

Boom! Think we should leave it there. Have a great weekend folks and a lovely sleep!

A small man called Min.









No comments:

Post a Comment