The Met Line Journal

The life and times of a small man called Min, his daily journey's from Rayners Lane to Farringdon.

This blog is an insight into the wonderful world of the Met Line, packed into chunky bites of random thoughts, the weird and the wonderful sites I see on my journey to and from work, and the odd comedy gag...

Read it and weep (with laughter)...

Friday 29 November 2013

Got anything new to report? - Min's MinIT Update. Friday 29th November 2013

Well hello hello! I trust you have been having a lovely week. Well the day has finally arrived. Yes folks, Black Friday...hurrah! Looking outside at this time, its certainly very dark. 

I wasn't going to do a blog today, as today is the launch of the PS4, so was going to work from home. However, as I only decided to get one earlier this month, I'm not guaranteed to get one today, though should get it before Christmas.

To be honest my dear blog reader, even if it did come today, not sure how much I could have done with it as I haven't actually brought any games for it and my. PS3 ones won't work on it...

Advert of the week: "Inseparable means always being in touch" Cheers Vodafone...power to you...

There is a man on a tube reading..wait for it...wait for it...a book! I can only see the back cover which says "utterly absorbing, utterly addictive, utterly mindblowing". Guess someone's learnt a new word today. For some reason I now feel like some toast with some butter on it now. Will report back if I can see what the actual book is called.

What I watched on iplayer this week: loads of stuff! But something that has caught my eye is a new series called 'Animal odd couples'. Yesterday it showed how some massive American buffalo thought this bloke was his parent. The chap even let him go around the house and said but if he wants to go to the bathroom, he'll just go to the door! Wowza! There was also another bloke who had managed to become part of a hyena pack (or whatever the phrase is). I thought he was particularly brave, especially when I think back to what happened in lion king...

The bloke has put the book away and is now just looking out the tube window.. Perhaps not quite as utterly absorbing as he was led to believe me thinks...

App of the week: Group shot pro. Picture the scene (see what I did there!), you've gone to some random wedding (it's an Indian thing), and it's time for snapping those group photos with your cousins and buddies in front of the lovely vase and flowers in the entrance hall of the country manor. Someone has the bright idea of saying, hey Kawks, take some pics of me and these lovely ladies in front of these flowers for my FB page. In the old days, when we used to have Kodaks and only 36 valuable pictures to use, it was always...err sorry uncle, I've run out of film. But now, we are all like...yeah how ever many you like! 

And here is where the app comes into it's own. It's that moment..'Say cheese', though us Indians tend to use the 'say Ghee (you just tried that right and it works just as well right) and we all know what happens. Yep, there is always one person who has blinked, looked away or picking their nose! And that's where this app comes in. It takes a series of shots in quick succession and then it allows you to replace the faces with another shot when they do actually manage a smile. It's quite fantastic and I'll give it a min marks of 10 of 8.76.

Thought of the week: If you want to set up a company and run it then that's your business...

Right! Let's leave it there! Have a lovely weekend and a great sleep.

A small man called Kawks








No comments:

Post a Comment