The Met Line Journal

The life and times of a small man called Min, his daily journey's from Rayners Lane to Farringdon.

This blog is an insight into the wonderful world of the Met Line, packed into chunky bites of random thoughts, the weird and the wonderful sites I see on my journey to and from work, and the odd comedy gag...

Read it and weep (with laughter)...

Thursday 9 May 2013

Got anything new to report? - Min's MinIT Update. Friday 10th May 2013

 Well hello hello! How are we all on this merry Friday morning. Looking at my fellow Met Line passengers on my way to work, I'd say 'ready for the weekend'. On my left we have a lady playing scrabble on her iPhone (stalled - good word lady), and on my right the dude is reading a book on his ipad mini called 'A feast for crows' (la di da...)

Before we get on with the show, just a quick mention that this recent series of blogs will be available in the iBook store in a couple of days as a proper book. Not only will it have all the blog content, like a DVD (or blueray if your posh), it has some extras. the extras in this case being my FB musings (jokes). I know these extras are usually rubbish (see black hawk down where they had this whole section on how they composed the music), but I've put this in for the hundreds of you who would rather punch yourself in the face then join the book of the face. My last book about my met line journey home has been downloaded in 64 countries so no pressure peeps, no pressure...yes, before you ask, it's free to download!

On with the show!

New section: (requested by my brother in law): Tube advert of the week.  There is one about Toilet Roll. Wowza! Why are there adverts trying to sell toilet roll? Whose not buying it?...

App: If you are like me and can't be without a wifi signal around the house, then I have just the thing for you! Imagine, like last Sunday, your sitting in the garden, swinging in your hammock whilst wanting to see on catchupTV or the bbc iplayer app  if Ronnie was going to make a 147 or self destruct during the snooker world championship. However, your iPad (mines is only wifi as I'm a cheap guy) refuses to find your router as it's in the opposite corner of your house. What you gonna do boy? (Quote from Speed - all rights reserved). Well, I brought this amazing bit of kit which allows you to plug into any socket and it uses the electrical cabling in your home just like if you had a massive long network cable! It comes with 2 bits, 1 that you plug into your router, and one for where you need a signal. Dead easy to set up and even comes with a Ethernet port if you did want to go old school and physically wire up your laptop to it. These things have really come down in price and I reckon you could get one for about £35. Shabash technology (and shabash Ronnie...see you next year). Min marks out of 10. 8.76.

App: Nearest Tube. Ever gone somewhere in London, where the first bit was easy, where you hopped into a cab from work to a restaurant in the city for a celebratory project din dins (ie that's fine to claim back the expense...you worked damn hard on that project and even worked past 8pm...mostly because the free pizzas didn't arrive in the office till 7:45. Anyways, so you have the lovely meal (being a veggie, before i even look at the menu I just tell the waiter 'can I have the token risotto with mushrooms dish pls. Obviously have to have the pudding as well as what does a pudding over £10 look like!! And then the dreaded moment of wondering how the hell do I find the nearest tube station? Well fear not my dear blog reader, help is at hand with this lovely app. It uses AR (alternate reality) to superimpose on your camera where all the tube stations are! Amazing. So as you hold the phone up and do a 360, it shows you the tube station direction and even how many yards away it is! It's great and I've only been mugged a couple of times whilst waving it in front of my face like a loon. It's a paid one, 69p, but saves hours walking up and down the street like a hobo. Min Marks out of 10. 9.69

Joke: I helped Preeti with the dinner last night. I took the batteries out of the smoke alarm...

Right that's your lot. Have a great weekend and a lovely sleep!

A small man called Min






No comments:

Post a Comment