The Met Line Journal

The life and times of a small man called Min, his daily journey's from Rayners Lane to Farringdon.

This blog is an insight into the wonderful world of the Met Line, packed into chunky bites of random thoughts, the weird and the wonderful sites I see on my journey to and from work, and the odd comedy gag...

Read it and weep (with laughter)...

Friday 17 May 2013

Got anything new to report? - Min's MinIT Update. Friday 17th May 2013

Well hello hello. Yes I know it's late and you normally expect the blog to be ready by 8.25am, but I have a valid excuse (just in case you were wanting a refund or something). Woke up dead early and had most of the blog written by 7am, even made sure to do a copy every so often and was mid way through the app section then was busy all day at work. Thought I'd finish it on the way back home and then boom (that's the sound effect denoting that the battery died) and when I charged it up, the paste was not pasting. Damn...

Thought about sacking it off this week, till the phone started ringing and the texts started to pile in saying if I was ok, alive and where was the blog. And as they say, no matter what happens, the show must go on...unless your Rolf Harris, Jimmy Saville, etc. 

Enough of the messing about, on with the show!

App: Bluetooth Speaker. Imagine the scene. it's Sunday afternoon, your at home busy looking at random stuff on FB (better than doing those chores right?) Then the door bell goes. "Whose this? At this time?" (as if there's a better time). and yes, it's Auntiji and some relatives that you see every couple of years who decided to give you a visit as the wedding nearby finished early and it was ages since they had lunch. Get ready for that tricky time that you never quite know what to do as the guests come into the hallway. Do you give them a hug? Bow whilst doing something with your hands? or go old skool and give them a kiss (well touch cheeks for a bit). I always seem to get stuck in two minds and go half way between the two and just make me look like a bloke whose lived in space for a few months and not quite used to gravity back on earth!. After this standard ritual and 'here have some glasses of water' bit come the next stage in the process. BTW, like me do you always go for the one that's got the least water in it? because its probably luke warm. I mean should I drink it or have a little wash with it? 

Finally, its that time! oh yes, time to crack out those frozen Samosas you brought from Leicester. you know the ones right, £10 for 50 right. (if you live it London, make that £20.) This is where this week's gadget comes in! To look super cool and also relax the mood, I switched on the Bluetooth speaker that is so small that it fits in the palm of my hand (and I've got small hands!). You can play music from your iPhone via the tooth that is blue and the sound is amazing! Even better than the 7.1 DTS DDS STS GTI sound system I brought from Rayners Lane Market. But check this next bit out! It also comes with a microSD slot, so you flick a switch on the bottom of the device and it plays music direct. I'd loaded Anup Jalota and some Krishna songs on it for extra brownie points, which did the trick with Aunty..well until those songs ran out and Drake started playing on it. Damn, back to square one! Min Marks out of 10. 9.75. For about £25 you can't go wrong and it even has these cool LEDs and rechargeable battery.

App: Snapchat. Having seen this in the App Store Top 10, I thought I'd look into it a bit more. what can I say. Err harram. Apparently it's one for the teens and its used to send pics or videos to your friends (or randomers) and you can control how long they see the image/video for, after which it self destructs (boom!..that was it self destructing). A

nd why would I want to send a picture of my nose to anyone? hmmm. Min Marks out of 10. 2.16.

Joke: Preeti said shes leaving me because apparently "I live my life through my iPhone". I've no idea where she's getting that idea from my dear blog reader and I've left her a voice mail message to that effect...

Right that's you lot and it actually is time to have a lovely sleep!

A small man called Min.


No comments:

Post a Comment