The Met Line Journal

The life and times of a small man called Min, his daily journey's from Rayners Lane to Farringdon.

This blog is an insight into the wonderful world of the Met Line, packed into chunky bites of random thoughts, the weird and the wonderful sites I see on my journey to and from work, and the odd comedy gag...

Read it and weep (with laughter)...

Friday 21 June 2013

Got anything new to report? - Min's MinIT Update. Friday 21st June 2013

Well hello hello! Or should that be 'not well cough cough'...Been off sick with some flu, cold, chesty fever thing but seeing as it's blog day and that can only be written on the tube...well here I am!

It feels like that movie 'I am legend' on the pic line this morning. There are only 5 people in the whole carriage! 

As I may pass out at any moment, lets get on with the show...

Tube advert: Best Thing Ever. That's what students are saying about the Open University. Nice! It says that their materials are so good that other universities use them too, Wowza! Google has a fight on it's hands...

Gadget: well, gonna give the gadget a rest this week. Did think about doing a piece on the 90" sharp LCD TV I'm thinking of getting and relegating our 65" to the bedroom, but will wait to do that review for a future edition (and obviously if I'm still alive till then).

So in it's place, a new section:

TV programme of the week: So who else watch Airport Live on the BBC this week? No? Just me and my dad then. Watched all 4 episodes and learnt loads...things like 76,000 people work at Heathrow (well done all my Sikh friends in Hounslow), It's the world's busiest hub at 98% capacity with 1,400 take offs and landings each day and one of those fancy fire engines costs £700,000. Yeah ok, it was a bit dull, even though you would have thought they could make a machine in this day and age to cut the 27,000 holes for the stencil thing for the BA logo on the back of the plane, rather than pulling them out individual by hand. Perhaps that's why they have to employ 76,000 people at the airport...anyways, well done Heathrow, and see you on Sunday for my flight to Madrid. Min TV marks out of 10...7.47

App: Citymapper. A must have app for my fellow commuters and yes my friends it is free. It's the app which gives you all the travel info you need in Landan town. (Did you like my accent there?) not only does it combine tube info, including when your next met line will arrive on platform 2, but also bus stops, boris bikes and national train services. You can tell it where you work and live and it can tell you the best way to get there and how long it will take you. Check it out. Min marks out of 10. 9.16

Joke: I've decided to call our new dog '5 miles'. So I can tell everyone I walk 5 miles every day...

Right, time to have a little cough now so have a lovely weekend and a great sleep.

A small man called Min.


No comments:

Post a Comment