The Met Line Journal

The life and times of a small man called Min, his daily journey's from Rayners Lane to Farringdon.

This blog is an insight into the wonderful world of the Met Line, packed into chunky bites of random thoughts, the weird and the wonderful sites I see on my journey to and from work, and the odd comedy gag...

Read it and weep (with laughter)...

Friday 7 June 2013

Got anything new to report? - Min's MinIT Update. Friday 7th June 2013

Well hello hello! How are we all today? Thanks so much to the folks who have downloaded my book from the iBook store. Will keep this blog brief just in case Penguin or Random House are trying to call me to get me to sign a mega million pound deal (and movie rights).

So, lets not mess about. On with the show.

Tube: There is a  bloke to my right in a purple hoodie who is watching one of those Japanese Manga style cartoons on his Samsung Galaxy. Nice. It has English subtitles and he also has his headphones on. Wonder if the narration is in English too? Might ask him in a sec if I can borrow one of the headphones and listen in...

Advert: First direct were going to be offering new customers a family of china piggy banks. But they thought you would prefer £100 instead. Too right Fiirst Direct, what were the Chinese family supposed to put their savings in??

Gadget: Picture the scene..You are in a meeting, it's been over 40 minutes and your getting a bit bored (perhaps a bit sleepy if you've just had lunch), and you've ticked off all the business speak lines such as 'let's talk offline' (when did you turn into a computer, how about you talk after the meeting) or 'our immediate strategic objective is to climb the maturity staircase and along the way pick up the low hanging fruit' (tell you what bud...firstly I'm only 5ft 2 and that fruit still looks quite high and have you thought about just going to Sainsbury's..

Sorry I digress...so you really want to get out your phone to have a quick look to see if anyone has sent you a text or updated their Facebook status (to tell you that they went to the gym for lunch (err hello..what kind of sandwiches do they sell in there?). Well, my dear blog readers, fear not, the pebble watch is here. It uses Bluetooth to connect to your phone and gives you all these kind of alerts. Your watch buzzes when you get a notification and you can just look cool and pretend you are just checking what the time is! The most amazing feature is that you can change the clock face, and it even works in the swimming pool. Wowza is all I can say. It's £125 and if it wasn't for the fact that there are big rumours from apple that they will be announcing their watch (I wonder what they will call it?) I would have brought one for my other hand. Still good effort pebble, not actually seen one in real life so you get a Min marks out of 10...8.19

App: Got more of an update this week as the Phillips hue app is now totally amazing and for those hangers on, worth considering buying. App is free (though kit to make it work like the bulbs and hub costs £180. See my first tech blog for what the lights are all about. So several new features to tell you about. It now has geofencing and so as you approach your house, it knows that daddy is home and turns on the lights for you. Same when you leave. You can set it to small, medium or large so control how far away you want this to happen. But the most amazing feature now is that they have linked up with IFFTT (nope I hadn't heard of this before either) but it means that you can trigger the lights to do something based on specific things happening. So For example, I've connected it to the weather channel so if the forecast is rain in the next few hours, the lights go blue, it's connected to the sports channel, so if Liverpool score a goal, they go red (no jokes about wont be needing that then), or even if someone tags you on Facebook the lights blink twice. Cool huh. Come round if you want a demo...updated Min marks out of 10...9.87

Joke: I really wish I knew who kicked the jack out from under the car I was working on...The suspension is killing me...

Right , that's your lot. Download the book, free for the first 100 downloads and has lots of extra bits in there (including my Facebook updates)

Have a great sleep!

A small man called Min


No comments:

Post a Comment