The Met Line Journal

The life and times of a small man called Min, his daily journey's from Rayners Lane to Farringdon.

This blog is an insight into the wonderful world of the Met Line, packed into chunky bites of random thoughts, the weird and the wonderful sites I see on my journey to and from work, and the odd comedy gag...

Read it and weep (with laughter)...

Friday 14 June 2013

Got anything new to report? - Min's MinIT Update. Friday 14th June 2013

Well hello hello. Here we are again and what an exciting week it has been. More later...

Lot to fit in today, so lets not mess about and on with the show!

Tube: Cryptonomicon, that's the book the dude next to me is reading. He is on page 7 and not fallen asleep so far, so looking promising. I guess that's quite an impressive word to remember for the next time you play scrabble!

Shout out: Just to say a massive thank you to all the folks who have given me a like on LinkedIn or downloaded the book. Even had some oversee downloads, but that was probably just the FBI. Big shout out to my favourite recruitment lady who has a clear edge on her competitors with the number of blog likes.

Kawks2009: Just in case the weekly tech blog is not enough for you and you want to see me do some one liners, I now have a video channel on YouTube, called Kawks2009. About 6 videos on there so far and only need another 499,984 views and YouTube will send me a cheque for £10. Come on mum, get clicking....

Gadget: So, nearly took the day off early this week to make sure I could get my self ready for the Apple conference IOS7 launch. Apple are certainly very slick at doing these events, especially when you see what Samsung did recently with their S4 launch. Simple, no nonsense and slick..but enough about me, what can we expect in the fall? (why can't they just say spring or September..expect broken bones perhaps and a 4 hr wait at A&E?)
Really liked the new IOS7 features and finally has some things that should have been available a year or two ago. The control centre for making it much easier for turning on Airplane mode, Bluetooth, flashlight etc by just swiping up rather than messing about going to settings and  3 other menus is very much welcome. The amount of time i will save the next time I'm on a flight and I want to take some pictures of the ground crew playing football with my suitcase is going to be massive... The other features like multitasking and airdrop are also neat. Good to see that finally I don't need to spend all that time whilst I'm on the loo in the morning doing App updates as these will now happen automatically. Hurrah...Overall, good job Mr Cook, you can stay for a while longer. Min marks out of 10: 9.59

Gadget: In this stressful world we live in, where its go, go, go. (And that's just when your playing monopoly at work), when you have a billion email in your inbox by 9:31 and the mrs has also given you a long list of chores for the day. Yes dear, I won't forget your vitamin tablets from Boots, to ring the council about the bins and ringing the Indian high commission about visas for the mother in law (Shame they never pick up). You get the gist right, it's a stressful life we live in and if you want to stayed chilled out, this app can help you monitor yourself. Oy, not like that, get your hands out of your pockets...I meant your heart beat!! What you do is place your finger in front of the camera and it uses the camera light to detect your pulse. Clever huh. I always make sure I do a bit of yoga and some chanting, deep breaths (imagine you are floating in the sky and all round you, there are birds chirping)...My last reading was 72, which is within the boundaries for a human being (60-100), so that's great. Check out Heart Beat pro if you too want to make sure you are alive....Min Marks out of 10...8.72

Joke: Overheard on the tube: 'I think that weird guy sat on his own is listening to our conversation.'...

Right, that's your lot! Have a wonderful weekend and a lovely sleep.

A small man called Min







No comments:

Post a Comment