The Met Line Journal

The life and times of a small man called Min, his daily journey's from Rayners Lane to Farringdon.

This blog is an insight into the wonderful world of the Met Line, packed into chunky bites of random thoughts, the weird and the wonderful sites I see on my journey to and from work, and the odd comedy gag...

Read it and weep (with laughter)...

Thursday 14 July 2016

Got anything new to report? Min's MinIT update. Thursday 14th July 2016

Well hello hello! How are we all?

Yes, I know it's been nearly 2 months since my last blogfession, so thought it was time to make sure that those rumours that I've left the country after the vote thing were put straight.

Wowza, what an eventful few weeks we have had people! I've had to charge my Apple Watch every few minutes, due to it buzzing and notifying me that yet another person has resigned!

That Friday when the Brexit vote was announced, everyone on the Met line was deathly quiet and I think it was like 2pm before anyone even spoke in the office. Even Siri said he was unavailable, but that may have been to the wifi issues we sometimes have in the office...

So many questions were running through my head regarding the implications regarding what had the 'great British public' done. Things like, can we still take part in the Euro's, the Eurovision contest and what are the NHS gonna spend that £375m a week on?...

I was obviously gutted about the vote, as was my polish builder. Let's just say that our neighbours thought we were related as he's spent the last 10 years doing something to our house...

The other reason for dropping you a few lines is that after that Tesla autopilot crash, I've never had so many emails from the world and his wife to check I was still alive and to keep my hands on the wheels. It certainly a very sad event, but the chap was known for being over confident with the beta Autopilot version 1 and known to really push it to its limits. I've been using it for ages, and in fact I've been typing this whilst KITT drives me home. (Not really). There were over 130million miles done on autopilot and this is the first fatality, and it's been proven already to be twice as safe than letting the human drive and it's only going to get better and safer.

What else

Reading the Evening Standard and it's telling me that Cameron has moved into his friends £17m Holland Park home. Ah bless. As long as he's ok...

Advert of the week:


Only Gatwick can make Britian's runway plan concrete. Nice! When did they get into the concrete business? Might ask if they can do our driveway...

Gadget time.

So yesterday was Prime day, no not that numbers thing where the number can only divide by itself and 1, but Amazon Prime. It's kind of like Black Friday but not on Friday and not black and just applicable to Amazon. 

I checked out the amazing deals they had and once I managed to get into the app, decided to see what lovely bargains were on offer. (Indian innit...)

The first bit of tech I brought were some Gillette Mach 3 blades. Now these are normally £15 in Superdrug on the old Harrow town centre, but for us prime members, it was a bargain £9.99. Happy days.

Obviously I also had to buy a proper gadget, something with a plug right so I decided to also get a wifi booster. Picture the scene, it was the Euro's and I thought let me take the Sky Q box (see previous blog for a review) into the garage/cinema room so I can watch the lovely matches in HD. 

Unfortunately it didn't work as it couldn't  connect with the router which is 100ft away under the stairs where Harish Potter lives.

So when I saw this amazing deal on prime day for a wifi extender. What caught my eye to this particular one I hear you ask? Well it was £26.99, reduced to £19.99 and because it was prime day, further discounted to £13. That and the fact it was the no. 1 seller previously.

What's not to like, plug included!



The gadget it super awesome, very easy to set up and you can move it around the house and fits in your pocket (don't put it in your back pocket though as it's got a 3pin plug). If you every fancied taking your wifi to the garden, to the attic or just feeing guilty of using the neighbours wifi as they haven't secured it, then get this one. Min marks out of 10. 9.555

Joke of the week. Boris Johnson, Foreign Secretary...

Right, off to the garage to watch some TV, so let's leave it there! 

Wishing you a lovely sleep,

A small man called Min.

P. S. Thanks for all your beautiful comments regarding my lovely lab YouTube video. We now have over 32,000 views! Wowza!!


No comments:

Post a Comment