The Met Line Journal

The life and times of a small man called Min, his daily journey's from Rayners Lane to Farringdon.

This blog is an insight into the wonderful world of the Met Line, packed into chunky bites of random thoughts, the weird and the wonderful sites I see on my journey to and from work, and the odd comedy gag...

Read it and weep (with laughter)...

Thursday 14 April 2016

Got anything new to report? Min's MinIT update. Thursday 14th April 2016

Well hello hello! How are we all?

Yes I know it's a bit late today, and it's 18:19pm but I've been rather busy at work today...


Anyway, it's been a wonderful 24hrs and yesterday I had a lovely guest come and see my "Small man called Min" show at that prestige venue, yep, the Harrow Arts Centre (the one next to the Waitrose).


It's been a few weeks since my last blog, so thought I should scribble down some of the things I've been up to.

So, cast your mind back to 31st of March. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about right? The world's most important launch of a product was taking place. Humanity was counting on it...

I couldn't get to a store as I had some work stuff all day so decided to order on line. The official launch was 8:30pm California time, and they decided online bookings would start an hour earlier.

Picture the scene...its 3:30am. It's dark, it's cold, I can't see cos I had taken my glasses off and the Apple Watch gives me a secret buzz on my wrist to say it's time!  Fumbling around, I pick up my iPhone and my credit card  (as you do) and tiptoed  into the toilet, so as not to wake Mrs Min.

I'm rather glad she didn't wake up, especially after that last misunderstanding of me in the toilet with my phone and card and a lovely woman on the other end of the line...

The registration was open and quickly tapped in all my details and provided the company with one thousand of my British pounds!

Job done, and went back to sleep, till 4:30am...the main event!

Still no idea what I'm talking about right? Well it was the launch of the Tesla Model 3, the mass market version of the Tesla Model S. 

Yes folks, I was one of the 115,000 people around the world who had reserved a car that no one had seen, but just wanted to be part of something special. (Being Indian I had read the small print and seen that the deposit was fully refundable so that was all good. Come on, we Indians don't like to take risks you know, and explains why we don't leave the house once Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi starts at 9pm...)



The car is launched and it's an absolute beauty and rather than the gossip that they will only show pictures of the design, Elon Musk showed the world actual drivable cars! Yippee and shabash!  

The cars have a lot of the features of big brother Model S, but likely to have the next generation of autopilot, has supercharging, minimum 215 mile range, a 15" display shared between driver and passenger and there is talk that the car may have a heads up display! Wowza! Not bad for a £35k car that also looks very cool!


Turns out that quite a few people also thought that and there are now 335,000 pre orders. Even though the car won't enter production till late 2017, and unlikely to come to the UK till 2018 or later. Still as an existing owner, I will get first dibs (or it could be just that they are making the ones with the higher seats first...). Min marks out of 10....10.

Ok, so now the real reason for the delay in bringing you the blog. It's taken me a couple of weeks to deal with a trauma event.

So, I had being doing a comedy tour of Europe and had just finished in Amsterdam, teaching some youngsters how to do comedy, and I was flying back from Amsterdam.

We all get on the plane. It's packed. We all buckle in and 10 minutes later, there is an announcement on the tannoy saying the pilot will be arriving shortly.

15mins go by and eventually the dude turns up but he is accompanied by a dog and wearing dark shades and holding this stick!

Nice one I thought, watching him from the first row (need the extra legroom- worth paying the extra), he's obviously read the blog and trying the comedy...

20 mins later we make it to the runway, and the plane is getting faster and faster, and I think any moment now it will pitch up and take off...errrr nope. Still getting faster and everyone starts looking at each other wondering what's going on.

10 more seconds go by and I can see the edge of the runway. (If this was a scene from that Fast and Furious movie, it would have been fine as that runway lasted about 15 minutes of the movie!)

As panic started to increase some people start to shout and scream! 

3 seconds later, and the plane finally lifts off.

The captains door was a little ajar and I overheard him say...."one of these days, they won't scream and then I'm going to be in trouble"....

Boom! Thought I'd do something a bit longer than my usual one liners.

Sorry it's a bit long today, and it's nearly midnight but we did have a lot to catch up on.

Wishing you a lovely sleep,

A small man called Min



No comments:

Post a Comment