The Met Line Journal

The life and times of a small man called Min, his daily journey's from Rayners Lane to Farringdon.

This blog is an insight into the wonderful world of the Met Line, packed into chunky bites of random thoughts, the weird and the wonderful sites I see on my journey to and from work, and the odd comedy gag...

Read it and weep (with laughter)...

Tuesday 9 February 2016

Got anything new to report? - Min's MinIT Update. Tuesday 9th February 2016

Well hello hello! How are we all?

Here we are on the 17:52 Uxbridge train and yep it's rammed. Lots of busy people doing busy things. Let's have a look...


Woah, got worried I got on the wrong train for a sec as the chap was reading the Sunday Times on his iPad. He's scanning the property guide and I've learnt that houses in Cornwall are cheaper than in London. Not sure if my zone 5 ticket will work that far out though...

The man opposite is reading some kind of academic paper about scalar products. He's yawning a lot so it's probably as exciting as it sounds...



Tech Product of the week: As many of you know, I'm rather into saving the world at the moment (that was my business case for getting the Tesla), and last week I had some solar panels installed too. I did all the research regarding the tech (as you do), how they work, how long the payback, if the Sun shines in Rayners Lane, that kind of thing. I was umming and arrring about it the last few weeks and then decided to go ahead and get them fitted. 



And what was the killer reason I hear you ask? Was it because it's a good thing for mankind to do as fossil fuels are running out? Was it because the govt had annouced that they were cutting the rate you would get for generating electricity back to the grid?  Nah, I only discovered that it came with an iPhone app!!  



It's rather fantastic, and It's great at telling me all kinds of amazing stats that I'm wowing my fellow met line passengers with each day. Things like how much CO2 gases I've saved, the number of trees saved and how much money I've made thanks to the sun. Yeah ok, so I've only made £1.73 so far, but that's because we have used most of the juice generated in powering all the other gadgets in the house! 

Advert of the week: Here's to flexible working. Wowza, that's so clever...flexible and then some people doing flexible things..Ho Ho my sides....not...



It's a bit dark outside, and I forgot to charge my watch this morning, so just asked this chap standing next to me from Sotherby's what the time is. And he goes 6.18...6.18...6.18...6.19...6.19...

App of the week: MSRQD. Yeah, ok doesn't roll of the tongue but it's a cracking app. They actually showed it  on the One show yesterday. First useful thing I've learnt watching it. Picture the scene, you always fancied yourself to look a bit different to how you actually do. I for example FREQUENTLY get mixed up for Leonardo Di Caprio ( if I had a £1 for everytime someone stopped me to ask how I made it alive on the Titanic)..and with this app I can be him, or a Mexican. The app is really cool (and yes Indians, it's free too) as it augments the face onto a live feed from your camera. You can make videos too, so I may do my next blog as a vlog appearing as a polar bear. Let me know if that would be of interest! Min marks out of 10. 9.8654




TV update: I watched a programme on iplayer about some people who had become celebrities and started to earn millions of pounds by filming their daily lives and showing the world how they went about their day including highlights such as brushing their teeth and going to the shops. There was this chap from Watford who started off just showing himself playing Grand Theft Auto and now he has expanded to being a rapper and doing concerts! Wowza! He earnt £4.5m last year and he doesn't even do one liners...

Ok, time to check the solar app again to see if I've made £2 yet, so let's leave it there!

Have a lovely evening and a great sleep!

A small man called Min.



No comments:

Post a Comment