The Met Line Journal

The life and times of a small man called Min, his daily journey's from Rayners Lane to Farringdon.

This blog is an insight into the wonderful world of the Met Line, packed into chunky bites of random thoughts, the weird and the wonderful sites I see on my journey to and from work, and the odd comedy gag...

Read it and weep (with laughter)...

Tuesday 1 April 2014

Got anything new to report? - Min's MinIT Update. Tuesday 1st April 2014

Well hello hello! No this isn't some kind of  April fools joke, it's really me, and if I sound different, then that's because I'm stuck at Zurich Airport in the Land of Swiss. Seeing as my plane is still in London, I've got a few hours to kill so thought I should try and entertain you for a few minutes!

First of all, can I say a massive thank you for all the lovely comments and likes for the last blog. I read them all out to my fellow Met Line passengers. Also thanks to my biggest blog fan and thanks for sharing your wonderful news!

On with the show...

Just received my 12 Swiss Franc voucher  from BA so off to see what that's gonna buy me from the shop.  I've just read the headline in the Daily Mail and it says that you should forget about the five-a-day, but now we need to eat SEVEN daily portions of fruit and veg to help you live longer. Wowza! They also helpfully display a bowl of fruit just in case their readers weren't quite sure what the headline was about.  Well I'm certainly gonna heed this advice and just ordered some tomatoes, salad, nuts and a banana. I will try and get the other 3 on the flight!!

This week on Channel 4 or could have been More 4, I watched this programme about 'inside Rolls Royce'. It was dead posh and they showed how nothing is too much trouble, how long it takes to make and the one offs they make for their clients. They had this super duper one which they embedded real diamonds  into the wood and it looked dead good. The man who this was subcontracted to got quite nervous as the first couple of times the quality control man crossed his arms and said no...do it again. It was very exciting. The best and most profitable dealership I learnt was the one in Abu Dhabi. The man showed all his awards and arranged for some of his best clients to test drive the new one - the Rolls Royce Wraith at the Grand Prix circuit, which everyone loved. Don't panic every one, although it's designed for the young uns, it still has that button you can press for the umbrella to pop out...

If you fancy getting one, I can recommend seeing on YouTube (other tubes are available) this dude called saabklye04. Just search for his name and  Rolls Royce Wraith. He's done loads on other super duper cars too.

This weeks app that has been keeping me amused and working those brain cells has been 2048. It's dead simple and you have this 4  x 4 square tile and you have to build up the numbers (starting with 2) until you get all the way to the 2048 tile. Obviously the maths dudes will love it and it's very addictive. My higest score is 3088, so if you beat that...keep it to yourselves...Min marks out of 10...9.2048

It's already been a touch week as Preeti said she's leaving me as she said I don't listen to her property...

Right, I better go to the gate now, so let's leave it there and have a great sleep (except you pilot man)...

A small man called Min...











No comments:

Post a Comment