The Met Line Journal

The life and times of a small man called Min, his daily journey's from Rayners Lane to Farringdon.

This blog is an insight into the wonderful world of the Met Line, packed into chunky bites of random thoughts, the weird and the wonderful sites I see on my journey to and from work, and the odd comedy gag...

Read it and weep (with laughter)...

Monday 10 March 2014

Got anything new to report? - Min's MinIT Update. Monday 10th March 2014

Well hello hello and a happy 2014!

Yes, I know it's been a while my dear blog reader but I'm back! Thank you so much for all the kind comments about the blog and wanting to see it come back. (Thanks mum!)

So here we are on the lovely journey home from Farringdon to Rayners.

As you would expect, the tube is packed and I'm typing this with my nose. Most peeps are busy on their I-gadgets. Let's see what we have...

The bloke next to me is playing snake. Nice old school. Giving his next gen processor a real work out there I see.

Everyone is out in their summer wear after the fantastic weekend. I too decided to leave big coat at home today even though I'm indian. Might wear a sweater, or as we call it swetttter tomorrow.

Today's advert is from Sky. "Tricky to get in your flat" and a picture of a table football. "Not tricky to get in your flat" and a picture of a tv with some blokes playing football. Great. Thanks Sky. Shame I live in a house...

Plenty of gadgets and apps to update you on but the one that I'm loving at the moment are the Bluetooth gloves that Rajvi brought me for Christmas. Picture the scene...it's cold, you have big coat on and someone rings your mobile (don't worry it's gonna be cold again next week) and the phone rings. Damn, now you need to take off your gloves to receive that call from your mum to say your running late as the met line seems to have developed a track failure. Well, now, I don't need for my fingers to get cold. Oh no! I have bluetooth gloves. The glove buzzes when you get a call and the mic and ear piece is stitched into the glove! Amaze balls I hear to cry. And so you should. It works brilliantly and ok, I got a few strange looks as I started to talk into glove when I was in WHSmith's the other day, but as I was in the 'what gadget' magazine area, it was all good...it's about £30 and super fun. The battery lasts ages and the sound is super clear...min marks out of 10. 9.13

What I've been watching on TV. Ok, I've got addicted to this American TV programme called Shark Tank. It's the US version of Dragons Den but loads more fun. The dragons aren't so miserable and don't just go for the standard 'I want 40% of your company. Check it out it's really good and I've been using this app call 'Music Tube' to watch it during my daily journey. The app allows you to cache any YouTube video so you don't need access to an internet connection. Happy days...

What else...this chap has just tapped me on the shoulder whilst I'm typing this and said "You remind me of an American Indian".  No idea what he meant so said "How?"...

Well that's your lot as I've got a seat at Wembley so gonna have a nap now.

Have a great sleep!

A small man called Min


No comments:

Post a Comment