The Met Line Journal

The life and times of a small man called Min, his daily journey's from Rayners Lane to Farringdon.

This blog is an insight into the wonderful world of the Met Line, packed into chunky bites of random thoughts, the weird and the wonderful sites I see on my journey to and from work, and the odd comedy gag...

Read it and weep (with laughter)...

Thursday 17 October 2013

Got anything new to report? - Min's MinIT Update. Friday 18th October 2013

Well hello hello! I do hope you are having enjoyable lives. Sorry for the no show last week, I didn't have anything to talk about. Well ok... I fell asleep on the tube so there we go. Let me know if you need a refund.

Life stuff: I don't know if this strikes a chord with you my dear blog reader but this morning I forgot to charge my phone before going to the bathroom and it was flat!  It was one of the most terrifying experiences of my life. I had to read the back of a shampoo bottle for the next fifteen minutes to make sure I had something to do whilst on the loo! 

Tube activity: There is a bloke playing pool on his iPhone 4S next to me. It's quite hard not to step in and explain physics and trajectory to him as he's not doing too well. Seeing as he has tattoos on his knuckles though..might keep my thoughts to myself!

News: So the world and his wife are still all quite keen to release their version of a tablet. Nokia are about to release their tablet next week. You take one to get over the pain of having a Nokia phone. Boom! And we are off!

Still loving my Hudl and giving it a Cudl every day!...

Argos are releasing their version, called MyTablet, aimed at the Kiddies/Teens market and selling for a round sum £100.

Wonder who will be next? Lidl? 

Talking about Tabs, and my daughter taught me this word as how kool kids refer to their tablets, Apple have announced that the iPad 5 event will be next week on the 22nd. Not expecting many surprises looking at the stuff leaked already so just expect the same stuff as on the iPhone 5S.

App: Roll. This one will take you back to you childhood, before we had mobile phones and I was a mere lad (31). The game is all about rolling various coloured balls into the right coloured holes within 60 seconds. It uses the accelerometer to work out how crazy you are slanting your phone. I play it on the tube so I have an excuse as to why I'm so rubbish, though mostly on the Met Line, it's not moving anyway, so need a better excuse! It's free and it gets harder as you progress up the levels. Min marks out of 10.. 8.12

Joke: All the shops in Harrow have signs that say "No Hoodies". Quite disappointing really...they've been sold out for months now...

Right, that's your lot! I wish you a great weekend and a lovely sleep!

A small man called Min




No comments:

Post a Comment